Lolita Lempicka au Masculin - talk about changes on the skin!

Monsta_AU

...can I interest you in some vintage blades?
Staff member
Forum Administrator
Grand Society
Well, I just went to my favourite frags shop and picked up a couple of bargains. Grabbed a 100ml CK one for $29 and a bottle of Kenneth Cole Reaction 100ml for $29 also. Much cheaper than FragranceX pricing so very happy with that.

I decided to get a card of Lolita Lempicka au Masculin - I had heard great things about this, and how some people say it is much different on the card and to not trust that. Early card notes were mossy with a real reference to the Trumper Violets cream, plus a distinct Anise undertone. Definitely scented wierdly to my nose. Decided to transfer from the card to my wrist.

Hail Mary, mother of Jebus (I'm not religious BTW). The Anise disappears and you get this deliciously vanilla-driven Ivy, Sandalwood + Cedar and Vetiver explosion. I called the girl back and asked her to smell the card, then my wrist. She was all over me after that.

Been a long time since anyone was over me like that. She begged me to buy a bottle of it, but at $59 it was not as good value as her specials on the Kenneth Cole and CK one, so I walked out with those instead. If she drops her price lower to get closer to some of the online prices (around $36-$38 pre shipping), I will be back in there like a shot.

Worth a look gents. If Sandalwood & Vanilla works on you, definitely give it a try.

So...are we just supposed to imagine how hot the chick was?

Pics?

Geez.

So now I might have to go into Scents and check out this Lolita stuff tomorrow.

I've been stung before with card scent vs skin scent. It sucks.

So...are we just supposed to imagine how hot the chick was?

Pics?

Geez.
She was Asian, very short but became very friendly. Probably a line ball proposition for me, she wasnt that hot. Was just amazing to have that scent change on me like that, and then get her reaction. Just instantly knew that it works for me which was a nice surprise.

So now I might have to go into Scents and check out this Lolita stuff tomorrow.

I've been stung before with card scent vs skin scent. It sucks.
Most of the Basenote listings will give you an idea that a particular scent is likely to change on your skin. Fortunately this time it was before I had purchased it, and it was in my favour.

Just note there are two versions of this, the au Masculin, and the au Fraiche. This was the au Masculin.

Picked up a bottle of this today. Price was right.

The au Fraiche was also in stock, a bit cheaper. Will look into it.

Wore this plenty of the last few months. Got to say that applied directly to skin the aniseed sticks around a little more, giving it a more oriental take on the gourmand recipe.

You also miss out on the underlying woods as the vanilla really stands up and obliterates any note. Monster sillage and lasts well on me, especially where it runs to clothing where the woods stand out that little more.

I got more than a few compliments with it also, mainly as it is so different to the normal aquatics that most guys tend to wear (Aqua di Gio, Issey). But the biggest issue will be the vanilla power in summer I feel will be just too much, almost suffocating. And as such, these last few cooler weeks is going to be the last time I can wear it for a while.

If you can find it at <$60 it is a good buy but forget it if you can only get it at $90ish. Not worth it for that money. I'd rather get the L'instant de Guerlain pour Homme Extreme Eau de Parfum via eBay for that sort of cash.