Looking for my last DE razor

Camrux93

Looking at buying my last ever DE razor. Wanting something more on the aggressive side. And something that is quite easy to get in Australia. Please recommend. I already have-
- Merkur 34C - Parker Variant
- EJ DE89 - Rockwell Model T
- Muhle R89.

Last edited:
No, too late...you are already down the rabbit hole.
There never is a 'last razor'.
I wouldn't limit to Aussie only.
Timeless with both .68 and .95 plates (or just the .95 if you want to save a few $$).
My thoughts...if you want a last ever razor then it should be made of 'real' metal (brass, bronze, stainless, titanium, etc).
That safely gets you away from zamac pot metal stuff.
Nothing wrong with a good vintage Gillette either. Get a decent NEW SC or LC as an example. All brass construction, and there are some out there in 'as new' condition too.

Possibly a Rex Ambassador to cover all levels of efficiency.
Very pricey but good s.s. quality

Looking at buying my last ever DE razor. Wanting something more on the aggressive side. And something that is quite easy to get in Australia. Please recommend. I already have-
- Merkur 34C - Parker Variant
- EJ DE89 - Rockwell Model T
- Muhle R89.

If you are after something on the aggressive side and readily available in Australia, go for a game changer, the DE89 and R89 are both the same head and both very mild, 34c similar mildness..

If you want med efficient but super smooth go the GC 84P, if you want an excellent efficient razor go the GC OC or GC JAWS

the GC SS LUPO, is supposed to be a knock off of the wolfman WR1, not sure how available they are in Australia yet. I havnt used one of these but @Errol wrote very highly of them in his weekly reviews.

The GC range i mentioned above is also stainless steel, so will not suffer from zamak rot and should last you a lifetime

+1 for the Timeless but it wont cure RAD, the Wolfman will keep calling

Do you think the .95 plate?

I've only experienced the 0.68 Scalloped SB and it is smooooooth quality with mid range efficiency

A jump from 34C/DE89/R89 to 9T8/R41/JAWS may be too steep and best to pace yourself a bit.

The GC-84 is a few notches higher than 6T8 on the efficiency scale, not top shelf like Timeless or Wolfman, but one of the best for price, and available in Australia from vshod for $120

http://www.vshod.com/razorock/RazoR...Steel-Double-Edge-Safety-Razor-Australia.html

I'll recommend the Karve razor. You can choose brass, SS or aluminium.

Incredibly smooth and efficient! I use D plate as a daily setting and it's wonderful.