Lord LP.1822L aka L6

veteran

Saw this on the US Bay for $12 Buy It Now and after reading many positives decided I could not let it go. Every word is true, fit and finish is definetly not European or VTG US and the lack of weight in the handle (Aluminium) is a worry till you screw it up and the razor as a whole feels good and surprisingly well balanced. The handle has real length, 4", which fits my hand nicely and has a shallow pattern that ensures grip when soapy. The Merkur like 3 piece head is compact and manouvers easily around the tight spots. The head when loaded with blade appears fairly aggressive but shaves mildly. I loaded this with a Feather and slicked up with Proraso, angle of attack was instinctive and easy , I achieved a DFS easily with 2 x WTG and touch ups.
For the price and from a trusted B&B vendor 'ntguy_s' I think noobs could do a lot worse than this for a starter.
S6300449.jpgS6300446.jpgS6300450.jpgS6300448.jpg

Last edited:
This is my current (and first) razor

Hi,
This is the razor I recently bought to start wet shaving--about a month ago. I'm pretty happy with it, but not one hundred percent convinced--of course, I'm probably blaming it for my bad technique. It is very gentle. I've had my best shaves with this using a Feather and all my face is still there. The Israeli Personna's worked ok too. I'm looking for a new razor at the moment, maybe a vintage Gillette, though I was tempted by a Merkur adjustable or, though I'm not sure why, a slant.

I would say with this razor that it's a little hard to grip sometimes. I wish the handle had a little more grip.

Az

I purchased the Lord L6 on a whim. What a wonderful shaver — period.

With its Merkur type head design, I found it to be a medium efficient shaver, smooth and comfortable. The blade aligns spot on, the chrome finish, whilst not great is functional. I am convinced that one of the reasons the Lord L6 shaves so well, is not only because of its head geometry but also it's long, thin, lightweight, aluminium handle. I suspect some shavers first thoughts with this razor is to stick a heavy stainless steel handle on it, but for me the stock handle affords this razor a certain je ne sais quoi, allowing the razor to be angled with ease and giving precision and agility in use. The shaving angle falls comfortably and intuitively to hand and I find you can even grip the end of the handle and still shave with gay abandon. Having tried the Lord L6 handle on other razors it just does not afford other razors the same feel in the hand or agility and at the moment, I am unable to articulate why this should be the case.

My preferences for a daily use DE razor, is a short handle, agilie, compact head, medium aggressiveness, blade-forward / some blade feel, balance point towards the top of the handle, some audible feedback and a weight of approximately 60g - 85g. The Lord L6, or to give my version it's correct designation, the Lord Smart S625 (aka improved L6), is an agile, medium aggressive, lightweight but head heavy razor with a long, lightweight, pencil thin handle and clearly built to a price point. And yet, counterintuitively, the Lord L6 feels great in the hand and in use, to the point that it fits me better than many of my razors costing significantly more. The razor cost me less than GBP £5 in the UK delivered; my best purchase so far in 2021.

This Egyptian diamond in the rough, hailing from Alexandria, stands on the top of a hill, jumps up and down and waves a flag, shouting — more money may get you a machined metal of your choice, more exacting tolerances and a jewellery finish, but it does not necessarilly get you a better shave, a better feel in the hand or give you a bigger smile — The Lord Smart S625, lives up to its name.