Lots of craft beers in pubs now - f**kin brilliant!

Mong.

doesn't care for Euro Palmolive
Group Buy Associate
2015 Sabbatical
Having a few frosties after work last night, me and a couple lasses ducked into the local dive pub. I was pleasantly surprised, all craft beers on tap and at a reasonable $9 a pint too! I've tried most of them before, but I was surprised that a shoddy looking pub would have the following brilliant selection:

Mountain Goat Hightail
Mountain Goat Steam Ale
Little Creatures Pale Ale
Little Creatures Bright Ale
Boatrocker Alpha Queen
Thunder Road Brunswick Bitter

There were a few more, but my memory gets hazy after the fifth or sixth pint. It just goes to show that the diamond in the rough can be the best prize of all. Get on the Boatrocker though lads, it's brilliant with a burger or steak. The Brunswick Bitter has a special place in my heart, because it's made in the next suburb over and is rapidly becoming my beer of choice.

It seems that craft beers are rapidly becoming prominent in Melbourne pubs, and not even the fancy joints. Even the bottom of the barrel places are jumping on board, which I think is great, but it does make after work drinks a bit more expensive. I'd love to hear if a similar thing is happening around the rest of Australia, so weigh in gents. Has anything notable appeared in your local? What should I be on the lookout for?

Last edited: