Mach 3 Redux

Drubbing

110% Smiley-Free
Long story short, I had to pull out the M3 Power yesterday. While a lot of people don't get on with these, I never had a problems, and the results were very good. I just won't pay that much for blades. The cart I used was a new one from about 2 years ago, the last time I bought any.

It wasn't a nice experience either. The carts have a 'mowing' feel and action and it's now weird not actually feeling the blades - that's clearly what Gillette has been striving for. I have to use the power version too, otherwise it feels like dragging blades coating in chewing gum over my face.

3 passes gave me a much closer shave than with a DE, and was easier to shave ATG, which I don't often bother with, but it was a dull experience, and wasn't any quicker.

It has made me want to improve my technique though, in case I want to replicate the results, which isn't really necessary, but feels nice.

Got caught on the hop the other day and pulled out the M3.Serious dragging sensation but the results are pretty good. Much more forgiving of rubbish lather too - I think you could just go with a wet face and get the same result.

I wouldn't say it's a closer shave than my DE but you get a good result without ever taking the brain out of neutral. They are overpriced but effective. I did have a bit of a breakout a couple of days after using it but I don't think there is enough evidence for causality.

Post makes me shiver. 3 blades at the same time going ATG :wacko:
I never had a problem with the old M3, but the reason why there's more than one blade is so you don't have to go ATG, I always got cut attempting it and WTG and XTG was enough.
3 dull blades going ATG together just brings back bad memories.

Mach 3 Turbo was my weapon of choice before making the switch to DE. I dragged a new cart out a while back just for old time sake. Good shave, but it just kept getting clogged. One decent blade is enough for me.