Made in China...but not too bad.

Blackie

The guy from over the ditch
Connaughts sent me a 10 pack of these with my new Rocca R95.
Tried one today...and it's not too shabby at all.
My first time with a 'Made in China' blade and didn't know what to expect really.
It's smooth, cuts well, no first time harshness. In fact it was good.
As smooth as a Gillette Winner or Gillette Black.
Dare I say it...even smoother than the Nacet I trialed the R95 with.
Early days yet as will need to try it for a few days to check longevity, on-going smoothness, cutting ability, etc but so far it's OK.
No complaints from me. Just depends on the price point to get more.
Edit: $39NZ for 200 blades, air mail delivered to NZ.
Tracked is $47NZ.
So not too dear in $AUD for 200 blades.
800 blades is $141NZ tracked postage.

Last edited:
G’day Horse

Have you tried the Tiger Platinum Stainless made from Russia, theirs been a lot of good reviews about this blade.

I’ve already got two tucks and I’ll be trying out these blades soon.

images

2nd shave today, and all good still. Very smooth shave...plus...NO WAX DOTS!
I did read on another forum where a Rocca owner felt that the razor doesn't suit the Nacet blade and this is what I felt too (although I love my Nacets. I'll keep them for other razors).
Have to agree so far regarding Nacets + Rocca as the shave feels a tad rough and not as close as the Wizamet... :unsure:

Have you tried the Tiger Platinum Stainless made from Russia, theirs been a lot of good reviews about this blade.
Yes, tried them and the Tatra also (a few months ago now, before I had the WR2).
They are both OK, felt slightly 'off' in the Timeless and the Black Beauty. Can't quite remember what it was I didn't like...I think maybe the price was too close to better blades anyway.
I have some left so will bung one in the R95 next shave to see how it goes.
I notice there is a 'Superior Stainless Tiger' (red pack) on RBC, but can't find them anywhere else. No Platinum, but Teflon instead. I'd like to try them.
Let us know how you get on with them please.
Edit: https://www.razorbladesclub.com/shop/tiger-superior/

Have to agree so far regarding Nacets + Rocca as the shave feels a tad rough and not as close as the Wizamet... :unsure:

Not many a blade will feel as close and smooth like a wizamet in so many razors. They are unique for modern blades. Nacets worked great for me. YMMV.

I would be intereted to see how the Indian made Gillette Wilkinson sword blades perform in the Rocca.

Not many a blade will feel as close and smooth like a wizamet in so many razors. They are unique for modern blades. Nacets worked great for me. YMMV.

I would be intereted to see how the Indian made Gillette Wilkinson sword blades perform in the Rocca.
From experience I enjoy the Nacets a good alternative to the Feathers as they shave just as close but have greater longevity. Work best in the 6S & Game Changer .84P but not so much the R41 or Rocca as tad harsh.

Polsilver/Wizamets shave super smooth in a variety of DEs but not as close but for whatever reason the Rocca makes them efficient and buttery smooth!?!?

I gave all my Gillette Wilkinson Sword (Indian/Chinese & German) blades away as they're horrible on my skin but managed to find a tuck of the Gillette Yellows and will give them a try, along with Silver Blues, Platinum's, Astra Blues and Rubies in future shaves.

Also made in China (I believe by some mob calling themselves Tyrael) and also not at all bad, these AC single edge blades:
Artist-Club-loose-pack.jpg

They can be obtained via Alibaba if you're buying enough (and maybe AliExpress, but I gave up searching), but also locally from Yaqi Shaving for just $38 for 100. Don't expect them to stay sharp forever (no blade does that for me anyway), but quality for price is very good indeed. A sharp but comfortable shave. I've just bought myself 100.

Polsilver/Wizamets shave super smooth in a variety of DEs but not as close but for whatever reason the Rocca makes them efficient and buttery smooth!?!?
A few months ago, I did some casual measurements of a small range of blades with my digital caliper, and apart from whatever edge treatment they're given, there is quite a significant difference between the edge-to-edge dimensions and thickness between different brands of blade. I no longer have the measurements, but this would obviously make a big difference to the razor geometry.

2nd shave today, and all good still. Very smooth shave...plus...NO WAX DOTS!
I did read on another forum where a Rocca owner felt that the razor doesn't suit the Nacet blade and this is what I felt too (although I love my Nacets. I'll keep them for other razors).

I had a Shave with nacets in the rocca, although I didn’t have a terrible shave there are quite a few blades I would put far ahead of a nacet in the rocca

From experience I enjoy the Nacets a good alternative to the Feathers as they shave just as close but have greater longevity. Work best in the 6S & Game Changer .84P but not so much the R41 or Rocca as tad harsh.

I gave all my Gillette Wilkinson Sword (Indian/Chinese & German) blades away as they're horrible on my skin but managed to find a tuck of the Gillette Yellows and will give them a try, along with Silver Blues, Platinum's, Astra Blues and Rubies in future shaves.

The German walkies are fantastic in the rocca. First shave average but after that polsilver smooth and with longer longevity

Anyone tried Astra SP in their Rocca. I only have 5 blades in rotation and if I ever stop buying new razors long enough will test the 20 other make/model in the den. Astra SP has been a solid performer with 1st place against most razors beating Polsilvers by a whisker but I expect from all accounts to be challenged if not replaced by the new Wizamets.

Anyone tried Astra SP in their Rocca. I only have 5 blades in rotation and if I ever stop buying new razors long enough will test the 20 other make/model in the den. Astra SP has been a solid performer with 1st place against most razors beating Polsilvers by a whisker but I expect from all accounts to be challenged if not replaced by the new Wizamets.
I was given to understand that Polsilver and Wizamet were exactly the same blade. Maybe I was wrong...

Anyone tried Astra SP in their Rocca
I did yesterday and IMO it was better than Wizamet and Euromax. For info, the shaves have been getting better each day I’ve used the razor. I thought the first shave was great but had some irritation from using too much pressure and a Wizamet. Day 3-6 I used a Euromax which was better but first pass slightly tuggy. Subsequent passes were amazing however.
Yesterday I tossed an Astra green in and it was butter all the way.

I did yesterday and IMO it was better than Wizamet and Euromax. For info, the shaves have been getting better each day I’ve used the razor. I thought the first shave was great but had some irritation from using too much pressure and a Wizamet. Day 3-6 I used a Euromax which was better but first pass slightly tuggy. Subsequent passes were amazing however.
Yesterday I tossed an Astra green in and it was butter all the way.
Hey loud mouth,

Tossed an Astra SS after you’ve finished the SP to see what it feels like, okay loud mouth :smuggrin: you’re a bloody champion.

I was planning on using a GSB but might try an Astra Blue instead then progress to the Greens.
So far the Wizamets have been supreme with Nacets a disappointment... :unsure:

A few months ago, I did some casual measurements of a small range of blades with my digital caliper, and apart from whatever edge treatment they're given, there is quite a significant difference between the edge-to-edge dimensions and thickness between different brands of blade. I no longer have the measurements, but this would obviously make a big difference to the razor geometry.
Yeah, there's a table fanging about somewhere either on this forum or another with some discussion. Helps to explain why the difference performance between blades and razors.