Man Down

Mycroft47

Gentlemen, it is with sadness I have read that fellow member of this forum @Mastropiero has passed away. A number of us were aware that he had been battling serious ongoing health issues for some time. I for one found myself humbled and inspired by his positivity in the face of the challenges he found before him.
He will be remembered here, I am sure, for his insightful and polite contributions particularly on the subject of straight razors, straight razor restoration and maintenance.
May he Rest In Peace and sincerest condolences to the family he leaves behind.

We were all hoping Stefan would gain that little bit of extra time to see his daughter through Christmas and her birthday, but the hand he was dealt wouldn't let that happen. His illness took a sudden and ugly turn for the worse a few weeks ago, and I take it he penned quite a few farewell messages before he finally passed away at the tender age of 45.

The two of us have been having an ongoing gossip about things musical, violins, cabbages and kings arising from a shared background at the Royal College of Music for some time, and I already miss him dearly. My thoughts and best wishes go to his young family.

Last edited:
My life was enriched for knowing him, for witnessing the beauty he brought into the world.
Stefan's legacy extends beyond the notes of a violin or the polished blades of razors; it resides in the hearts of those who were fortunate enough to be touched by his presence.

F

I am so very sorry to hear this.
Its often hard to imagine someone passing at such a very young age.
I must say I am stunned. I wasn't as close to him as many others here as to know him on a more personal level but I always appreciated his contributions and knowledge. He will be sorely missed missed both here and outside of this forum and the internet.

My condolences to all his friends and family.

Very very sad news - he is dearly missed

My condolences to his family and loves ones