March 2018 Acquisition Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
fp6Yzv7l.jpg

Ordered a puck of MWF,this is what I got.Sheepmilk soap is half puck

EDIT: Soap is not sheepmilk...glycerine based and Ringelblumen means Calendula.

Last edited:
IMG_20180329_185240.jpg

New SH arrives. I like the low-key black and white graphics. All are lightly scented from the containers.
I've had such a crazy week that I forgot that I too had an order come in from Shaver Heaven.

rUqJdekh.jpg

And it's MINE. ALL MINE!

*cough*... @Kaeckerut, I'll try to drop your soaps off in a day or two... :whistle:
*sigh*

Please describe the scent if you could once you had a shave. Preferably in commoner terms (y)

That's the only way I know how!

I can describe it as I have been smelling it all day off and on and have lathered it once as well.

Here's my best shot:

Off the puck it is quite intense.
For me what hits my nose first is the spice of the pepper along with the sweetness of the vanilla and the maple syrup. It then also is quite earthy as well.
To be honest my first 3 or 4 smells I wasn't sold but it has really grown on me during the day.
Especially once lathered it mellows out a little bit and my wife commented as well that it smells much nicer once lathered.
When I lathered it I applied some to my face just to see what it smelled and felt like and that was around an hour ago and I can still smell it on my skin.

If I had to quickly describe it I would say it is an earthy, sweet, spicy scent.

Hope that helps, sorry for my unrefined nose and description.

ZIF4UP5l.jpg

Received the order on Thursday. Tired the Cosmo aftershave on the back of my hands at work as I was too eager to try it out and smell it's scent properly. I'll definitely consider getting more SV aftershave. Sadly I'm not fond of the Cosmo scent, so I'll skip buying the soap to go with it.

I ended up shaving with B&M Reserve Classic soap (a sample I got a while back) and aftershave the next day, and it really is a classic scent. The aftershave is much stronger in scent and reminds me of something that my dad would use (though I'm not sure what it was).

I ended up shaving with B&M Reserve Classic soap (a sample I got a while back) and aftershave the next day, and it really is a classic scent. The aftershave is much stronger in scent and reminds me of something that my dad would use (though I'm not sure what it was).

It's Sun-Up by Gillette from 1961, it was reproduced from GCMS results as were the other Reserve fragrances. It's a classic slice of Americana from a bygone age :)

Spice is Old Spice by Shulton
Cool is Floid Blue

It's Sun-Up by Gillette from 1961, it was reproduced from GCMS results as were the other Reserve fragrances. It's a classic slice of Americana from a bygone age :)

Spice is Old Spice by Shulton
Cool is Floid Blue

By way of clarification - 'Fern' and 'Lavender' in the Reserve line are original compositions and not reproductions of no-longer available fragrances :)

By way of clarification - 'Fern' and 'Lavender' in the Reserve line are original compositions and not reproductions of no-longer available fragrances :)
Thanks for the info. I'm confused by this post though as the description for Lavender from the site has:
Based on a beautiful aftershave from Wales, this is the scent described by famed perfume critic Luca Turin as "Summer wind made smell" and "the greatest lavender of all time." We definitely agree.
Fern has:
Originally derived from a legendary fragrance not made for 60 years, Fern is dapper in ways that never, ever go out of style.

Do you mean they're not done through the GCMS method?

P.S. I used Classic again yesterday (don't tell the guys in the SOTD thread :cautious:). I wasn't really into it, but it's growing on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.