March 2018 Acquisition Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a new razor!!!
Rockwell 6S (man it was hard to choose between this and the 6C)

I'm a bit torn now with my blade quest. Do I stick with the EJ DE89 untill I find some blades I love or just jump right into the 6S
Just jump right in!
Who in their right mind would have a brand new razor sitting round without using it, right @Bozley82 ?:LOL:

282qg6f.jpg

I got a new razor!!!
B&M Le Grand Cyhpre Splash (have the matching soap coming)
Voskhod razor pack (I'm on a quest to find a go to blade - It has been Feather but I'm thinking they are to harsh for me, because every second or third shave with them leaves me bleeds and raw)
Lockhart's Nevermore Matte Paste (I didn't really need this but could not pass it up with the Poe theme - the packaging is fantastic, that's a wax seal with a raven!!!)

I'm a bit torn now with my blade quest. Do I stick with the EJ DE89 untill I find some blades I love or just jump right into the 6S
It's certainly not going to happen, but I tell you anyway: stick to one razor, until you can get consistently the same shave over and over again. The EJ89 is a great razor and you should be able to get consistently great shaves with it - of course you have to ditch your Feather blades first - they only work in the Feather AS-D2 unless you are Obi Wan, Yoda or Darth Vader :D

I know, you want to try your new razor, so you won't follow my advice, so here is the next best thing: just use one base plate (probably No 4) of your new razor and stick with it, until you get consistently the same good shave out of it

Again I fear, you won't listen to me, you will try at least 3 if not 4 plates of the Rockwell, so here is the last piece of advice (for tonight at least): the right angle will be different for every razor you try - and this includes every different base plate of the Rockwell - yes that is correct: the right angle for Plate 1 is WAY different than the right angle for Plate 6

So how do I know you won't listen to most of this? I've been there myself ;)

It's certainly not going to happen, but I tell you anyway: stick to one razor, until you can get consistently the same shave over and over again. The EJ89 is a great razor and you should be able to get consistently great shaves with it - of course you have to ditch your Feather blades first - they only work in the Feather AS-D2 unless you are Obi Wan, Yoda or Darth Vader :D

I know, you want to try your new razor, so you won't follow my advice, so here is the next best thing: just use one base plate (probably No 4) of your new razor and stick with it, until you get consistently the same good shave out of it

Again I fear, you won't listen to me, you will try at least 3 if not 4 plates of the Rockwell, so here is the last piece of advice (for tonight at least): the right angle will be different for every razor you try - and this includes every different base plate of the Rockwell - yes that is correct: the right angle for Plate 1 is WAY different than the right angle for Plate 6

Pft! Where's your sense of adventure?
Every day, different blade, different razor, and different soap!*
More asbestos! More asbestos! More asbestos!

*No guarantee that your clothes won't be drenched in your own blood.

... maybe you should listen to @alfredus. ;)

Pft! Where's your sense of adventure?
Every day, different blade, different razor, and different soap!*
More asbestos! More asbestos! More asbestos!

*No guarantee that your clothes won't be drenched in your own blood.

... maybe you should listen to @alfredus. ;)
+1 Every day, different blade, different razor, and different soap! There is learning in that too.
What's the 'more asbestos' reference?

Yeah the Feather! I think I got one or two really good shaves with them and all the rest have left a weeper or heaps irritated. I think I read somewhere they were the best so I just thought it was me. I used a wilkinson sword yesterday and it was great!

I'll my best to stick with the DE89 for a while longer but I don't think I have the will power man!

282qg6f.jpg

I got a new razor!!!
B&M Le Grand Cyhpre Splash (have the matching soap coming)
Voskhod razor pack (I'm on a quest to find a go to blade - It has been Feather but I'm thinking they are to harsh for me, because every second or third shave with them leaves me bleeds and raw)
Lockhart's Nevermore Matte Paste (I didn't really need this but could not pass it up with the Poe theme - the packaging is fantastic, that's a wax seal with a raven!!!)

Great razor choice - welcome to the 6S family :cigar:

Listen to the good man as he always has great SOTD & Lather photos (y) Jokes aside, I have over 15 different razors/head types and if I had followed this sensible advice earlier I would be a richer man in $$$ and knowledge :banghead: Not saying you'll go 'RAD' like me but @alfredus makes valid points so here's to many happy shaves be it with the EJ89 or 6S - both great razors by the way.

Looks great, nice wear n tear. Mean looking razor (y)
Let me know when you dislike it, so on that point how was the first shave?

Interestingly, what's with the hollowed out dried whale sperm?

I’ll have a go with it shortly, I find it hard to get excited about DE razors. This has got a great look and finish on it, gnarly.
2 other new DE’s are due in this week, one of them tomorrow so looks like I’ll be DE shaving for a couple of weeks before I decide to sell them all...

Hollowed our dried whale sperm? You’ve lost me there.

Listen to the good man as he always has great SOTD & Lather photos (y) Jokes aside, I have over 15 different razors/head types and if I had followed this sensible advice earlier I would be a richer man in $$$ and knowledge :banghead: Not saying you'll go 'RAD' like me but @alfredus makes valid points so here's to many happy shaves be it with the EJ89 or 6S - both great razors by the way.
RAD is great - we all had it at some point (or still have it) - you just have to pace yourself: it's a marathon, not a sprint. You don't have to try out all available razors in your first year ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.