March 2018 Acquisition Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought you're a 30mm Badger lover
Actually my current sweet spot is ~28mm depending on the knot...

As far as I know, there has never been a 28mm Sumo from Paladin and not too many 26mm either...and the knot is one of the very highly regarded ones, so...

it arrived last week.
It is a stainless steel Seygus razor with open head. Made in Spain.

v7OSf8V.jpg

QT7kaWh.jpg

cJICI96.jpg

OVJANMI.jpg

Here is meeting the locals:

0zOxkI5.jpg

xD

Really light, looks a bit of funny razor to use. I gives close shaves but it is not as agresive as you may think when getting it out of the box. Can be a perfect razor to use for travelling, but you will see it in my SOTDs regularly, like today, once fieldwork is over

cheers

Fer

it arrived last week.
It is a stainless steel Seygus razor with open head. Made in Spain.

v7OSf8V.jpg

QT7kaWh.jpg

cJICI96.jpg

OVJANMI.jpg

Here is meeting the locals:

0zOxkI5.jpg

xD

Really light, looks a bit of funny razor to use. I gives close shaves but it is not as agresive as you may think when getting it out of the box. Can be a perfect razor to use for travelling, but you will see it in my SOTDs regularly, like today, once fieldwork is over

cheers

Fer

Lovely razor, especially sharing the chillies.
Really like the way the cap and base interlock. Meaning that the blade is held firmly in place.
Also you sure it is stainless steel and not aluminium alloy (6082), as it is very light?
Can we get a picture of your SOTD with the blade in place please (y)

Last edited:
Lovely razor, especially sharing the chillies.
Really like the way the cap and base interlock. Meaning that the blade is held firmly in place.
Also you sure it is stainless steel and not aluminium alloy (6082), as it is very light?
Can we get a picture of your SOTD with the blade in place please (y)

Yes, the blade actually is forced and angled (not sure if I am explaining myself properly ) by the head when it is ready to shave.
there is not good light around and this is the best I can make. I'll try in the future with better conditions...

It is better seen in the lower part of the picture

RkctmUQ.jpg

cheers

Fer

@sealer you in a rough area neighbour? Especially if you have to fit a biotracking device to your razor :LOL:

That blade is held tight. Like to know how it shaves when you get to use it.

HAHAHA. I am currently preparing some loggers to deploy on Muttonbirds in a couple of days, so my table is full of stuff/shit around. Unfortunately this trackers would not work for a razor, but I keep most of my stuff properly. Someone entering with a will to thief something will easily find more "valuable" stuff that my shaving gear xD

Then I will review it after a dozen or so shaves. Today I got a small cut (didn't notice until I saw a small nik), but it was my fault, not her....

cheers

Fer

Looks like the AS-D2 has arrived. Many seem to be making a greed entrance. Really like mine.
The feather AS D2 works well for me. Maybe a Timless next? (y).

Yes, information wise it just seems like a black hole, just because it's called fragrance oil it's somehow supposed to be all good without the consumer having any opportunity to determine whether the constituent compounds are acceptable to be applying to your own person.
I put on some PAA AS the other day and it instantly gave my wife a headache which she then carried for the rest of the day. So that one's not going to get much air time.:)
I know some people react to EO's but I generally have the opposite reaction and find them very helpful and I tend to be chemically sensitive I think due to exposure in my years working in my trade.

This is very much a real issue in the modern world. It's called TILT: toxin induced loss of tolerance.

I got exposed to a construction area in my work building in 2007 and was ill for a month after that. I then developed dust allergies and chemical sensitivities after that. Bugger!!

With EO and FO...there are some I react to which trigger my allergies. I can't handle "spice" scents, bayrum, anything with cinnamon and many soaps where I can't figure out the culprit.

Funny thing though is that I have the lowest rate of reaction to hard milled soaps which have scent compounds.

I even got migraines from a new hair clay last week so now that's sitting in the cupboard going to waste!!

ZbEvdug_d.jpg

Cbf rotating. You get the idea. Love the application of the edt, but on the dry down I pick up more of the warm incense base notes. Certainly not like reed point dragons blood type scent, more refined cologne type wrapped with a whole heap of other things. I reckon @stillshunter would be into it.

Edit: a couple hours in it’s settled nicely and not detecting the incense notes as much (might just be my nose adjusting).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.