March 2018 Acquisition Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats, @Nico (y). There are a few fellow AS-D2 owners on the Forum to share tips with.
I was after a mild razor and this fits the bill. Gives a close shave with minimal irritation. Took few goes to work out the technique.

282qg6f.jpg

I got a new razor!!!
Rockwell 6S (man it was hard to choose between this and the 6C)
B&M Le Grand Cyhpre Splash (have the matching soap coming)
Voskhod razor pack (I'm on a quest to find a go to blade - It has been Feather but I'm thinking they are to harsh for me, because every second or third shave with them leaves me bleeds and raw)
Lockhart's Nevermore Matte Paste (I didn't really need this but could not pass it up with the Poe theme - the packaging is fantastic, that's a wax seal with a raven!!!)

I'm a bit torn now with my blade quest. Do I stick with the EJ DE89 untill I find some blades I love or just jump right into the 6S

I almost ordered a Timeless S/S .65 smooth bar but decided not to spend my kids inheritance. After reading a lot of good things about the Rockwell 6 I ordered a 6C.

Weber Stainless Steel Classic Handle
– Manufactured in the U.S.A.

– Machined from solid rod 316 marine grade stainless steel

– Fits most vintage Gillette and modern (Muhle, Merkur, Jagger, Mongoose, etc.) 3-piece heads

– Deep knurling for excellent grip. 3 7/8 inches in length and .45 inches in diameter

– Weight is approximately 2.4 ounces

Okay, some heavy duty shaving gear arrived today. Three Charcoal Goods razors. The level of detail on these is amazing, can't wait to shave with them. All 90mm, two brass (one antique patina and one bright) and a stainless steel. Got the level 1 plate in SS, the mixed comb in antique and the level 3 in bright finish. Have got one space to fill and one handle to complete on the current storage rack. Hone Type 15 in the mail, along with an ATT Windsor head.

https://i.imgur.com/supyNI0.jpg[/img]']
https://i.imgur.com/KdgDyaQ.jpg[/img]']
https://i.imgur.com/SrrIN5V.jpg[/img]']
https://i.imgur.com/6bF65Q3.jpg[/img]']

Okay, some heavy duty shaving gear arrived today. Three Charcoal Goods razors. The level of detail on these is amazing, can't wait to shave with them. All 90mm, two brass (one antique patina and one bright) and a stainless steel. Got the level 1 plate in SS, the mixed comb in antique and the level 3 in bright finish. Have got one space to fill and one handle to complete on the current storage rack. Hone Type 15 in the mail, along with an ATT Windsor head.
Very nice.Curious,how long was the wait for the Charcoal razors?

Just received a Zoologist fragrance sample set.
Anyone who was at the last Canberra meetup will be familiar with it.

I wanted the whole set because I know I like some of them (from the meetups). But, I don't know which ones are wearable on me... That part takes time.

Samples included:
  1. Bat
  2. Beaver
  3. Camel
  4. Civet
  5. Dragonfly
  6. Elephant
  7. Hummingbird
  8. Macaque
  9. Nightingale
  10. Panda (new)
  11. Panda (original)
  12. Rhinoceros
  13. Moth (free/unexpected sample)
About a week after I placed the order, TWO new scents were released: Hyrax and Moth.
I totally missed-out on Hyrax. But, I was fortunate enough to get a freebie of Moth, albeit before the printed sleeves were ready.

Oh well. It's just luck of the draw. I can always get more samples if/when I get a larger bottle.

Here is a link to the (updated) set that I got.

Thanks for contributing to a new Aquisition Disorder for me, @Kaeckerut.
;)

Oh, I also bought a new lens for my DSLR.

It's a Canon 50mm f/1.8 STM for my Canon 700D.
Basically, the second-gen "nifty-fifty".

I originally bought the camera when my daughter was born - she just turned 4.
Nothing terribly fancy. But, it's still a way better camera+lens than I am photographer and I like the idea of a 'prime' lens.

I need to up my photo-game for some things I have planned.

Nothing terribly fancy. But, it's still a way better camera+lens than I am photographer and I like the idea of a 'prime' lens.

My daughter got one of these for her camera(s) for her birthday too! I was inspired and put in a request for one, but no joy yet ...

My daughter got one of these for her camera(s) for her birthday too! I was inspired and put in a request for one, but no joy yet ...
You should ask her what someone with no natural talent should do to improve their photos... I'll accept any advice at this point.

*Yes, I will be consulting Dr YouTube as well.

Great camera bodies,I have two of them.
Nice lens.

Any idea when they were made? Interested to hear how it shaves.
Original patent 1913 and originally known as the Finney, after William C Finney who patented it.Patent sold in 1930. Apparently the Superman name predates the superhero but I don't know when these were actually made. Lots of information here; http://theoriginalsafety2.com/thread/1529/superman
I will post in SOTD when I've given it a try, looking forward to that.

Semogue 1800, 50x Polsilvers,and supplier threw in some samples...10 Treet,10 Viking Sword,10 Elios,5 Asco and a 15ml bottle of styptic.
Those sample blades may well sit unopened for years,but always good to get freebies.

That's a heap of freebies! Was it VSHOD.com? I just ordered some polsilvers from him, he sent a pic of the order and it had like 3 extra packs of different blades

Status
Not open for further replies.