Canberra dwelling Happy Clapping Bean Counter
Staff member
Site Moderator
Grand Society
2016 Sabbatical Fail
2018 Charity Auction Winner
2019 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
Gee, took a while to get this thread going - what are there MODS doing?

What are the MODS doing?

Well at least this moderator is adding something to this thread - what have you been doing folks? Catch up!

It seems that I may have brought some shaving kits back from the UK after all -

sntJS4Ql.jpg

Two bottles of Phoenix & Beau Spitfire splash.

Released just after I was last in the UK the wonderful @Kerry@Phoenix&Beau arranged delivery to my London hotel address this trip :) Much appreciated and I cannot wait till some cooler weather comes :)

Been trawling through ebay lately, mainly been looking for restoration pieces without too much spine wear, but the price of a semi-decent vintage razor is getting out of control. $4-700aud for a bigger, near wedge, for barbers use razor? Fook me

Seeing sellers list rusty and chipped razors for a premium price or a description which states "in good condition", bloody dreamers

Anyway, got a couple W&B framebacks on the way. Hooray for stupidly expensive postage fees, which seem to vary. $30-110aud for a single razor. Profiteering at best

Stayed up to win another auction. A 'WR' stamped W&B. Stampings would date it 1830-1837. Paid a bit more than I thought but given the ever rising prices and finite supply of razors in good condition, had to snap it up

pwaO8wJ.jpg

oELxu8m.jpg

Now time to sleep for 5 hours before doing it again for a John Marsh 8/8 VR stamp :sleep:

Stayed up to win another auction. A 'WR' stamped W&B. Stampings would date it 1830-1837. Paid a bit more than I thought but given the ever rising prices and finite supply of razors in good condition, had to snap it up ...

Now time to sleep for 5 hours before doing it again for a John Marsh 8/8 VR stamp :sleep:

NO! Gixen is your friend - https://www.gixen.com/index.php

sorry i didnt provide full disclosure both the asian plums and the mojitos are my mates, i only have the proraso Azur lime and the B&M lavender

I do have a A&E monte carlo on the way
A few rums and you're anyone's mate!

Two small packages delivered today. I look forward to continuing my run with synth brushes with this EVO, and I look forward to having my first ever shave with an injector in a few days when blades arrive. I think the type-I2 doesn't look too bad for being ~65 yrs old.

IMG-0890.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.