March 2021 SHAVING Acquisitions Thread

Thanks buddy. I think I should be content with if F Plate = Good:happy:

Smooth is what I'm after.

OH, bewdy!
F plate is good (G plate is gooder).
I have the F plate fitted most of the time on my ss Karve (with G plate ready just in case any whiskers get too stroppy).
You will be so glad you didn't go for anything less (<E).
The F is a very smooth shave. Enjoy.

Glad to see you had a pleasant experience but sadly I have read more comments that echo @nsavage with many unanswered emails and delayed orders (titanium, polished SS, etc).
Chris should've just focused on what works before looking to expand his offerings and the fact he sells stock via WCS whilst leaving folks that order from his website hanging adds to perceptions of poor customer service.
I understand orders are being processed quicker now but I'd be very reluctant giving him anymore of my hard earned $$$. Just my 5c.
This is where I have an issue TBH. Given the history of the guy, the stories I have heard and what I have heard about other's experiences I am going to struggle to lay down circa $300 AUD of my hard earned with a vendor that cannot reply to a simple email prior to me purchasing. It just makes me wonder what is going to happen if I have any issues post ordering that I need to get resolved and quite frankly provides me with no confidence.

This is where I have an issue TBH. Given the history of the guy, the stories I have heard and what I have heard about other's experiences I am going to struggle to lay down circa $300 AUD of my hard earned with a vendor that cannot reply to a simple email prior to me purchasing. It just makes me wonder what is going to happen if I have any issues post ordering that I need to get resolved and quite frankly provides me with no confidence.
Well put!

51001744542_5489bc6109_c.jpg

Arrived at my office today, Above The Tie Windsor Pro. My first stainless steel razor (kind of ashamed to say that at the age of 39)

Shipped for FREE from US (ordered on 15 Feb)

Looking forward to tomorrow’s shave

Last edited:
Ohhh well, I was planning on not buying any new soaps for a while, but...

On the way from Maggards:

1. Declaration Grooming Weinstrasse Artisan Shaving Soap, 4oz - Milksteak Base
  2. Declaration Grooming Unconditional Surrender Artisan Shaving Soap, 4oz - Milksteak Base
  3. Barrister and Mann Le Grand Chypre Artisan Shaving Soap, Excelsior Base
  4. Declaration Grooming Unscented Artisan Shaving Soap, 4oz - Milksteak Base

11% off for 48 hours only at Maggard - use code 11MAR

GET IN THERE!

Last edited:
Come on @SpeedyPC , I know you have logged in to their website once or twice today already
I’ve received an email from Maggard Razors about 30% off International Shipping and also the 11% off code as well.

NO MOAR BLOODY SOAPS!!

Okay @MadFlava81 otherwise would you like me to come over to your house so you can READ MY LIPS

Last edited:
just arrived in the post - used German 37 (slant), grabbed it off the 'bay for a good price.

my gold Leaf Shave razor arrived same day, it looks lovely... :love:

now waiting waiting on a Pomco slant that looks to be in pretty terrific condition.

happy days!! :)