May 2015 Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if the picture is large but I can't seem to use the usual code to reduce image size?

Finally some B&M to try.

Nice haul - appears as though you like lavender a lot by the double DD purchase. I'll be interested to see what you think of the performace of the DD compared to the B&M once you have tried them both a few times.

Never tried an injector before, thought this one looked like a good place to start.....

Again liked this SE related post. Getting a bit bored with the like button.

..........I've ordered some blade for it from Connaught and look forward to sharing it around in the PCTB3 ;)

When's this happening? As founder of the SLAP movement I have no desire to partake in what can only be described as an exercise in temptation but I would like to contribute a few bits and pieces.

Psst, take away the / in the start of each quote

Again liked this SE related post. Getting a bit bored with the like button.

I thought you would appreciate a quasi-SE product like this, although I suppose they really are single edge - just a different loading mechanism.

When's this [PCTB3] happening? As founder of the SLAP movement I have no desire to partake in what can only be described as an exercise in temptation but I would like to contribute a few bits and pieces.

Sometime this year - I think many are still 'digesting' the group buys so to speak. How will you juggle the SLAP desires and you role as a SE evangelist? Which will win out?

Nice haul - appears as though you like lavender a lot by the double DD purchase. I'll be interested to see what you think of the performace of the DD compared to the B&M once you have tried them both a few times.
I ended up with two as it came as a lot of 2 with the reef point dragons blood. It doesn't smell overly of lavender strangely. Maybe it will when lathered up. I know from using another tallow dapper dragon soap they perform very well. I'm hoping the B&M is as good as you are all saying.

I reckon B&M is as good as, if not better performing than the DD. The scents I have tried so far have not been for me though.

I thought you would appreciate a quasi-SE product like this, although I suppose they really are single edge - just a different loading mechanism.......How will you juggle the SLAP desires and you role as a SE evangelist? Which will win out?..........

That's classified as a single edge razor. Would like to try it but have no need for a box full of other stuff. Maybe I'll wait for the box to land in Perth (if indeed it does) and I'll just scrounge it off one of the usual suspects for a shave or two.

......Sometime this year - I think many are still 'digesting' the group buys so to speak.......

Are you organising it? In which case I'll flick some stuff on to you for inclusion. I won't want any of it back so it can float around in P&C land as far as I'm concerned.

Didn't I send you a pack or two of injector blades ages ago to complete sets for sale @Mark1966?

Only now you decide to try one?

/or am I remembering incorrectly?

Didn't I send you a pack or two of injector blades ages ago to complete sets for sale @Mark1966?

Only now you decide to try one?

/or am I remembering incorrectly?

Hmmm, not that I recall BUT - I confess that I didn't look before ordering.

Better check ...

See you in a week!

I didn't really mean to buy this.
I've been wondering about the quality of other non Gillette branded vintage razors (after my Eclipse RR), and saw that the French Leresche razors seem to have quite a good reputation.

I found this razor on French Ebay for a very reasonable BIN price (including only €6 postage) but still wasn't going to bother, but I noticed the seller also had a Best Offer option there, so I put in a very cheeky lowball offer, and blow me down if they didn't accept it. And a day after I put my offer in I see that @Mark1966 has one himself.

$23ish delivered!
3GDZNdY.jpg

That and in a shoe box he almost scheduled to throw out he'll discover at least two Empire Sets complete with faux crocodile skin cases.

Don't mention Empire Sets - still in mourning

I've been wondering about the quality of other non Gillette branded vintage razors (after my Eclipse RR), and saw that the French Leresche razors seem to have quite a good reputation.

I found this razor on French Ebay for a very reasonable BIN price (including only €6 postage) but still wasn't going to bother, but I noticed the seller also had a Best Offer option there, so I put in a very cheeky lowball offer, and blow me down if they didn't accept it. And a day after I put my offer in I see that @Mark1966 has one himself.

$23ish delivered!

Nice!

This is a different model to mine (I have a #51 I think that this is a #41 or 44) and I wonder if it has the same funky two tier OC thing happening?

Where do you find the model numbers for these?

/edit No matter, have found a site which will hopefully help me work out which model.

Mine may not be Leresche - by the sound of it there were a lot of very similar looking razors made, and only Leresche have a stamp on them. Will have to wait and see when it arrives.

Last edited:

$23ish delivered!

Nice pick up, Eggy!

Status
Not open for further replies.