Canberra dwelling Happy Clapping Bean Counter
Staff member
Site Moderator
Grand Society
2016 Sabbatical Fail
2018 Charity Auction Winner
2019 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
1 May - alternatively 'May Day' an ancient northern hemisphere spring festival or International Workers' Day, a day of solidarity and freedom.

I wonder whether we should declare May International Wet Shavers Month as we celebrate our freedom from the corporate oppression of the cartridge system supplier and electric razor pushers? OK, whatever - post your May acquisitions here though for us all to see!

Great start to the month -

I've long coveted this brush and when @Psmith put it up for sale I could not resist! The feel of the knot is amazing, soft but firm!

Can't wait to give it a run :)

I wish you could get 100 cables for the same price as 100 Astras!

Yeah! Not bloody likely! A while back I bought a USB to Nikon DSLR cable from eBay. Totally dead when it arrived. Eventually they replaced it with another... a total of 61 days waiting all up. Tried the replacement and also fritzed. The saga doesn't end there... bought another cable frpm Camera House and discovered the Chinese ones had killed some of the onboard camera electronics! $228 in repairs later and I am a sadder but wiser man!

Yeah! Not bloody likely! A while back I bought a USB to Nikon DSLR cable from eBay. Totally dead when it arrived. Eventually they replaced it with another... a total of 61 days waiting all up. Tried the replacement and also fritzed. The saga doesn't end there... bought another cable frpm Camera House and discovered the Chinese ones had killed some of the onboard camera electronics! $228 in repairs later and I am a sadder but wiser man!

Ouch!

BLOODY ouch! The camera tech asked to see the cables... it turned out both were incorrectly wired at the USB end! Many photographers on photo forums will never connect a cable between computer and camera, preferring to remove memcard from camera and insert it into computer, thus avoiding camera-PC connection altogether! I now do the same! It was an expensive mistake to ignore their warnings!

BLOODY ouch! The camera tech asked to see the cables... it turned out both were incorrectly wired at the USB end! Many photographers on photo forums will never connect a cable between computer and camera, preferring to remove memcard from camera and insert it into computer, thus avoiding camera-PC connection altogether! I now do the same! It was an expensive mistake to ignore their warnings!

AHHHHH - so THAT is why you do this! Now I know.

Of course, this would never happen with good old film would it @stillshunter ;)

1qhCOaf.jpg
Brush - Iain Crichton - icshavingbrushes
Razor - B&R adjustable titanium finish
Pen - Red with blue ink
Blades - Sharp and super ones

These things really are a consumable in a family of four (still home) with an iPhone each ...

I've got plenty of cables. It's the wall plugs I can't keep up with! Looking to get a power point installed with four off 2.1A USB outlets. Ask your sparky for a price but be sitting down when he tells you!

Pfffft digital cameras are for soccer mums

Well... I still have three film SLRs... and despite owning a couple of top range digitals, I still love shooting off a roll or two of Sensia! Providing I can actually buy a couple of in-date rolls. Getting it processed these days in a semi-remote country area is a bit of a challenge, too. I also love advantage of being able to take heaps of shots of the subject without having to drag along a wheelbarrow full of film. Also, as a bored retiree, I can enjoy hours at my computers with Photoshop and Lightroom.

Last edited by a moderator:
1qhCOaf.jpg
Brush - Iain Crichton - icshavingbrushes
Razor - B&R adjustable titanium finish
Pen - Red with blue ink
Blades - Sharp and super ones

I am VERY much looking forward to an unbiased review of the B&R adjustable - including fit and finish. I can promise you will not get banned or deleted here for doing so @Batch300 :D :D :D

Well... I still have three film SLRs... and despite owning a couple of top range digitals, I still love shooting off a roll or two of Sensia! Providing I can actually buy a couple of in-date rolls. Getting it processed these days in a semi-remote country area is a bit of a challenge, too. I also love advantage of being able to take heaps of shots of the subject without having to drag along a wheelbarrow full of film. Also, as a bored retiree, I can enjoy hours at my computers with Photoshop and Lightroom.
Build a darkroom mate and fill those many wayward hours with chemically assisted bliss. I suppose I'm lucky that my preference is black and white film so is all DIY.

Lest I suffer the wrath of being off topic. This morning. ...

Razor: Gem MMOC
Blade: Gem
Brush: Semogue SOC 2-band
Soap: Van Vulay Humida.

Twas good

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.