May 2017 Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That loft height looks 60mm to me as the 49 looks 65mm

Yep - my ruler has the Proraso at 60mm (or just under - some say 57mm but I'm not that precise!), the 49 at 65mm and the 48 at 70mm. They become very different brushes in use as a result (to me at least). I love them - must be my Italian heritage...

@RazorPlay
Would you mind doing a review of the veggie lea soap?

I really don't understand why they keep oscillating between veggie and tallow base soaps!

From memory, their veggie stick from a few years back was actually pretty good, so fingers crossed.

Yep - my ruler has the Proraso at 60mm (or just under - some say 57mm but I'm not that precise!), the 49 at 65mm and the 48 at 70mm. They become very different brushes in use as a result (to me at least). I love them - must be my Italian heritage...

The Proraso at 60mm loft height for 30mm knot is a real winner for face lathering, because I'm looking for a bigger knot diameter by keeping the loft height at 60mm no more is FANTASTIC. When the brush gets fully broken in you'll fall in love with that brush for good, I really hate boar brushes going over 60mm loft height is not for me when it comes to face lathering.

@RazorPlay
Would you mind doing a review of the veggie lea soap?

I really don't understand why they keep oscillating between veggie and tallow base soaps!

From memory, their veggie stick from a few years back was actually pretty good, so fingers crossed.

No worries - will do! I see their sticks are still tallow so I have NFI what they are thinking!

The Proraso at 60mm loft height for 30mm knot is a real winner for face lathering, because I'm looking for a bigger knot diameter by keeping the loft height at 60mm not more is FANTASTIC. When the brush gets fully broken in you'll fall in love with that brush for good, I really hate boar brushes going over 60mm loft height is not for me when it comes to face lathering.

I bought my Proraso brush last year and it is fully broken in and very soft - the tips have well split (although a lot were split already in the box, just like the 48/49). It has around a 27/28mm knot. I love it - mega backbone of course even after a long soak. The only thing I find with the shorter loft is I need to press a bit harder than with the 48 for example, which lets the bristles do more of the work as there is more room for them to move around, if that makes sense. Holding the 48 by the knot (italian barber style) also gives you some more options with the higher loft. It's good to have a variety and I am amazed how the different lofts make them into entirely different brushes!

Added some Stirling soaps and a new (old) Simpson thanks to a buddy in the States. It's my first experience with Stirling, and I'm quite taken with the Bergamot Lavender formula. Hopefully it performs as good as it smells!

so5CiKM.jpg

Added some Stirling soaps and a new (old) Simpson thanks to a buddy in the States. It's my first experience with Stirling, and I'm quite taken with the Bergamot Lavender formula. Hopefully it performs as good as it smells!

so5CiKM.jpg

Nice Simmo!

Very sorry to hear that - in the future you should ship all your stuff to my PO Box for an afternoon pick up...that way you can also smuggle it all past your better half :D :D :D
OK so now I am starting to get a little worried. Still no delivery of the razor. Expected delivery date is the 29/05 (although I expected it much earlier based upon @alfredus and @Korbz experience) and there is still no scanning on the AusFarce website at all. In fact the last time the item was scanned was back on the 12/5 in Canada.

Maybe I am overthinking it or have an unreasonable expectation that AusFarce is capable of handling parcels etc.

I still think there is no need to worry @nsavage - I had plenty of packages sitting around AusFarces customs/distributions sites for up to 4 weeks!!!

And they don't scan it, before it is not in their distribution system - basically before they are not planning on delivering it - crap system, but sadly that's how they operate at the moment :(

I still think there is no need to worry @nsavage - I had plenty of packages sitting around AusFarces customs/distributions sites for up to 4 weeks!!!

And they don't scan it, before it is not in their distribution system - basically before they are not planning on delivering it - crap system, but sadly that's how they operate at the moment :(

EXACTLY RIGHT!

OK so now I am starting to get a little worried. Still no delivery of the razor. Expected delivery date is the 29/05 (although I expected it much earlier based upon @alfredus and @Korbz experience) and there is still no scanning on the AusFarce website at all. In fact the last time the item was scanned was back on the 12/5 in Canada.

Maybe I am overthinking it or have an unreasonable expectation that AusFarce is capable of handling parcels etc.

It is an unrealistic expectation

xxyNXa8.jpg

Dropped in to The Stray Whisker in person for the first time ever, figured I would save myself some postage while the wife
and I spent the weekend in a cabin up in the mountains. Among other things, I picked up a re-stock of B&M :)

xxyNXa8.jpg

Dropped in to The Stray Whisker in person for the first time ever, figured I would save myself some postage while the wife
and I spent the weekend in a cabin up in the mountains. Among other things, I picked up a re-stock of B&M :)
Ooh! I was thinking of doing exactly the same things in a couple of weeks. Can you offer any suggestions for things to do or places to stay?

Also, excellent haul!

I would suggest consulting google @lerenau , there is a wealth of things to do matched only by places to stay.

Ooh! I was thinking of doing exactly the same things in a couple of weeks. Can you offer any suggestions for things to do or places to stay?

Also, excellent haul!

The Carrington hotel has always been one of my favorites in the mountains.

Status
Not open for further replies.