May 2017 Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really didn't want to bother him with this but I think I might do that now.
If you have a valid question, it shouldn't be bothering...just ask if he has any experience with this and tell him your concerns...

Haven't used yet - just opened the parcels. The silver razor is a Gem 1912 that people said I should try and was very cheap on the Bay
I recon you will have a great time with the 1912.

wah79nZ.jpg

Spring preparations continue ala TSW with a couple of bottles of Fine....

Just FYI APR will be doing a pinnacle Lavender fragrance this Spring too, with 3 types of the finest Lavender from around the globe (English, French, Spanish). I will have more details on this as I finish the design but my initial iterations are really promising, I love a masculine Lavender myself in Spring and I thought it was about time that we had one onshore :)

The new thing I am excited about is the Haslinger Schafmilch Bath Soap with Lanolin which I ordered more of as we are in Winter.

I grabbed a couple of bars of this when I saw Con recently on a whim and I have to say right now this stuff is just fantastic, Ive used it a few times and it is my new go-to shower and bathsoap, it performs excellently and the Lanolin and calf's milk is ideal for the face. A really, really well made bath/shower soap that is hard pressed into the bar so it won't flake or crack, I love this stuff and will do a review on the weekend after I complete some pre-shave tests to see if it works as a pre-shave soap as well as a bath/shower soap. Long Story short, Con has stocks and it's $8 or so a bar which is very good value.

A good day (although note the label and the damaged corner) -

just got better!

Oh it's a common mistake. If you look closely at that sticker it actually says "Don't handle with care". The other one that catches people out is "Not Fragile" which is often thought to read "fragile" but it doesn't.

A good day (although note the label and the damaged corner)
I had the same problem on my Friday delivery... Only instead of a crumpled corner, it was a fist-sized penetration in the side of the box plugged with some hasty cello tape. Fortunately, the contents survived.

"boo" to AusPost for the state of the box. But, thumbs-up to TSW for properly bubble wrapping the contents so that it would survive such an assault.

Last edited:
Just FYI APR will be doing a pinnacle Lavender fragrance this Spring too, with 3 types of the finest Lavender from around the globe (English, French, Spanish). I will have more details on this as I finish the design but my initial iterations are really promising, I love a masculine Lavender myself in Spring and I thought it was about time that we had one onshore :)

Great news @todras. I was secretly hoping you might produce a lavender aftershave this spring, as I've been looking for a nice splash to complement my growing collection of lavender soaps. I look forward to getting my hands on it!

18839426_1571055366240229_7544640034816952578_o.jpg

This arrived today. I originally signed up for the 6C then swapped to the Model T but was able to order a 2C as an add-on. I thought they would all arrive together so I was surprised to get this now. It is to be a gift for my brother so I can't try it out. Fit and Finnish look pretty good, the gunmetal is very bright. The blade bank I will use

I grabbed 2 bottles of 'Swagger' myself @Phil , it's a bloody nice 'drop' on the dry-down, albeit a little more 'ribald' than I would usually wear.

This arrived today. I originally signed up for the 6C then swapped to the Model T but was able to order a 2C as an add-on.
Yours arrived already? Drat!
Mine vanished in the post. Then Rockwell sent a second one and, according to the tracking, it has been stuck in Chicago, USA for the last week. :(
*Sigh* so much anxiety over a razor... What have I become?

Status
Not open for further replies.