May 2018 SHAVING Acquisition Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just remember that all of the soaps above really appreciate a generous load from the tub and you will love them all.

Is there any other way to load? Use it like someone is going to take it off you.

Just to pick up on something mentioned earlier by a few about having large quantities of soaps, loads unused or even tried etc.
Unless you are a collector I just don’t see the point really. You all make it sound like purgatory what you are doing.

281ric.jpg

All the way from Canada!
Was that from Top of the Chain? How long did it take?

Is there any other way to load? Use it like someone is going to take it off you.

Just to pick up on something mentioned earlier by a few about having large quantities of soaps, loads unused or even tried etc.
Unless you are a collector I just don’t see the point really
. You all make it sound like purgatory what you are doing.
Like someone owning a large number of scents/perfumes perhaps?

No, and it isn’t a chore using them like a lot of you make using soap sound. I sell perfumes just the same as soaps, I rarely hit the bottom of one of them either. What would you consider large because I don’t have a large number either.
Personally I would consider over twenty a large number.Also,I only have four soaps so I do not fit into the category of a "lot of you".
My comment was a generalisation as there are many here that have collections of scents,whether they sell them or not is irrelevant,they have them.Just like many have collections of razors,they sell some of those as well,but they have them.If people here wish to have a large selection of soaps,then good for them.They may well consider themselves collectors or they may not.Yet they have them and whether they use them is their choice and,personally,I would not consider it purgatorial in the context of your statement.

@TomG where did you buy this from? because I want to get one in my den, I understand this shaving stick has been discontinuing on market
Speedy - I had a German mate scouting for me in-country. If you can find them on line, they are changing hands for US$50 or more, as the rarity factor has kicked in. I'll shoot you a PM with some leads.

A vintage pickup by a friend. They were $10 each. You know you're having an impact when non-wetshaving people pick up gear for you!!

Yes, the Argentine Tech base plate is an orphan that had been shoved into the English Tech. A very different shape so now I want the rest of it. The Red Tip is also English.

They've just had a quick clean. The Red Tip needs a good soak to clear out some soap methinks.

A vintage pickup by a friend. They were $10 each. You know you're having an impact when non-wetshaving people pick up gear for you!!

Yes, the Argentine Tech base plate is an orphan that had been shoved into the English Tech. A very different shape so now I want the rest of it. The Red Tip is also English.

They've just had a quick clean. The Red Tip needs a good soak to clear out some soap methinks.
Any rust on the blade doors of that Red Tip

Amazing how quick those modern ships are.Some even run on steam like those "locomotive" things.
Yeah I'm still waiting on 1 x brush & travel tube from the US - its been just over a month and tracking states it left the US but it's final destination...? Nice looking gear @ Mark1966 :)

Yeah I'm still waiting on 1 x brush & travel tube from the US - its been just over a month and tracking states it left the US but it's final destination...? Nice looking gear @ Mark1966 :)

Yeah well I knew that this would take a while as it was surface mail because of the aftershaves.

I hope it will be nice stuff!

Status
Not open for further replies.