May 2018 SHAVING Acquisition Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Xfw6HTzl.jpg
bM6Nnzfl.jpg
yXmHf1ol.jpg

One 26mm 70/30 Badger/Boar set in TF Kryptonite/Burl Handle. 58mm loft.
@Tony Forsyth
This one is actually a bit of a challenge to photograph as it damn near glows in the dark so it's hard to get good detail on the burl without the kryptonite taking over. I think it looks better in the hand where it's more muted and behaves itself. I think it sees the camera coming and glows brighter.
The brush has nice balance and grip and I'm happy with the feel of the knot without having actually lathered with it. First run maybe later today.

Xfw6HTzl.jpg
bM6Nnzfl.jpg
yXmHf1ol.jpg

One 26mm 70/30 Badger/Boar set in TF Kryptonite/Burl Handle. 58mm loft.
@Tony Forsyth
This one is actually a bit of a challenge to photograph as it damn near glows in the dark so it's hard to get good detail on the burl without the kryptonite taking over. I think it looks better in the hand where it's more muted and behaves itself. I think it sees the camera coming and glows brighter.
The brush has nice balance and grip and I'm happy with the feel of the knot without having actually lathered with it. First run maybe later today.
Beautiful brush....

I don't remember seeing any. The head is in great nice but it does appear a little gunked up. The final open of the two doors is a tiny bit stiff
After a good soaking the doors will free up ok a tooth brush and some washing up liquid and scrub like doing your teeth will help. Are you going to paint up the red tip

Yeah well I knew that this would take a while as it was surface mail because of the aftershaves.

I hope it will be nice stuff!
I'm yet to have any issues with o/seas postage but my only fear is that since it's only a few items USPS or Customs have somehow missplaced/lost the small box? Always better ordering in bulk :facepalm: Look forward to seeing some of those goodies in the SOTD thread :)

I'm yet to have any issues with o/seas postage but my only fear is that since it's only a few items USPS or Customs have somehow missplaced/lost the small box? Always better ordering in bulk :facepalm: Look forward to seeing some of those goodies in the SOTD thread :)

My first order from top of the chain had Canadian customs open it, and they put a minuscule bit of tape back on the box to close it up again. I thought it was probably lucky it did not come back open. Everything was fine though.

My first order from top of the chain had Canadian customs open it, and they put a minuscule bit of tape back on the box to close it up again. I thought it was probably lucky it did not come back open. Everything was fine though.
I'm glad you received the goods in order but I'm yet to have any bad experience, bar some Chinese guy constantly sending me a shaving mug packed in a bag and it arriving broken twice :facepalm: Very surprised with my latest PAA order as they're usually quick and trouble free but as I opted for the cheapest postage they're limited in what they can do to chase it's postal status. Just got to wait and hope it arrives soon... :nailbiting:

TrFCOsWl.jpg

A little more shavepocalypse insurance doesn't hurt.
@Bozley82 - have you tried these in the Elite?
No, sorry mate i haven't. Feathers all the way for me, in all razors now. The Elite ruined every other blade as they all feel blunt compared to a feather. The polsilvers will be a bit tight but still work fine. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.