May 2018 SHAVING Acquisition Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
2vMc5fSl.jpg

kwaEIUQl.jpg

Picked these up recently on eBay. One Bengall 6/8" in what looks like NOS condition. Doesn't look to be used and went pretty cheap.
The other is a Heljestrand that also looks like it's never been used but is suffering some corrosion but fortunately on the spine only which will hopefully respond to some TLC. Paid more for it than the Bengall but the Heljestrands are getting a little hard to find. I've got a good feeling about this one. I think it might be a good shaver.

Two packages received today. From the Land of OZ, the Gillette Super Adjustable long handle O4 1969 and the Gillette Flare Tip Black handle N1 1968. From UK the 1940’s British Gillette Fat handle Tech, I didn't realise the fat handle tech is bloody light as a grasshopper :bucktooth:

Last edited:
Two packages received today. From the Land of OZ, the Gillette Super Adjustable long handle O4 1969 and the Gillette Flare Tip Black handle N1 1968. From UK the 1940’s British Gillette Fat handle Tech, I didn't realise the fat handle tech is bloody light as a grasshopper :bucktooth:

Nice pickup @SpeedyPC....

Very excited to open this box today -

Impressive work from AusPost on this one - only posted yesterday. Unlike their treatment of another parcel -

Processed through Australia Post facility, 09:29pm Mon 28 May, CHULLORA NSW
Processed through Australia Post facility, 10:38pm Fri 25 May, CHULLORA NSW

I mean seriously!

Of course the one bouncing around in Chullora is the one I really needed for today ...

The small containers in the AP Reserve mailout are scented aftershave balm :)

Yes indeed. Having serious second thoughts about not getting the other release - but I'm moving on!

Thanks for the P&C bonus and discount @todras (y)

Very excited to open this box today -

Impressive work from AusPost on this one - only posted yesterday. Unlike their treatment of another parcel -

Processed through Australia Post facility, 09:29pm Mon 28 May, CHULLORA NSW
Processed through Australia Post facility, 10:38pm Fri 25 May, CHULLORA NSW

I mean seriously!

Of course the one bouncing around in Chullora is the one I really needed for today ...
Yeah very surprised myself as I was expecting the package to arrive late due to the 'long weekend' but well done AusFarce! Lucky I saw your post as I didn't notice the small tub in the box and had just about chucked it out for recycling collection tomorrow... Man that was close! :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.