2016 Sabbatical Fail
2018 Charity Auction Winner
2019 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
May 2019 already!

My youngest daughter turns 21, wow.

What shaving gear has come your way?

SEaN3GVl.jpg

The Leaf Razor in Mercury finish turned up today so it's loaded with Polsilver blades ready to go. Mrs Pbgoose not ecstatic about the idea but says she will give it a go.

IMG-20190502-210557.jpg

There comes a time when every man needs a vintage Avon Cement Mixer novelty set. The cabin is the famous and hard to get Clint aftershave and the rear is Clint scented talc.

Cannot wait!!

Love it. I recently picked up the chess rook and rolls royce ones. Whilst in TAS saw heaps at a local market. Some cheap some not so cheap. Some pretty random ideas for Avon over the years.

Well it wasn't worth posting in the "What have you got in the mail" thread because shipping was only 3 days...

But I just got this sucker delivered tonight. Will be my first synthetic and damn is it soft! Immaculate looks, too.
Any word of advice regarding what to do before first shave or just go go go?
My usual shave routine is in the shower. Brush sits in a bowl of warm water while I shower, then gets gently squeezed out, dab into some TOBS cream and face lather.

tNeKSWn.jpg

Received this today. I'll get rid of the patina, but for now, I think this (dated) thread is relevant.

Beautiful - congratulations (y)(y)(y)

If you use it, I wouldn't worry about the patina as it will come again.

If you keep it for its beauty, use some Renaissance Wax after polishing so it stays nice ans shiny

Beautiful - congratulations (y)(y)(y)

If you use it, I wouldn't worry about the patina as it will come again.

If you keep it for its beauty, use some Renaissance Wax after polishing so it stays nice ans shiny
Thank you :)

Yeah, just gave it a quick clean with a weak acid solution to sort of reset the patina - I wanna see how it changes over time with use!

Both were available at the same time. I courageously seized the opportunity to complete my purchase, pushing aside the doubts and fears, that little voice inside my head that kept crying 'Enough'. Emboldened and brave I clicked the 'Add to Cart' button not one, but twice - leaving no doubt of my manliness. Haters gonna hate - but I am strong enough to ignore them.

FTFY

I saw on Twitter that Simpsons Manchurian may soon be no more, they are finding it harder to source. Amongst my brushes, my Manchurian knots are easily my favourite, so I figured I'd snap up the bargain Duke 3. I then figured, it'd be nice to round out the M7 collection and then the SF1 synthetic was too good value to pass up, I've been wanting to try a synthetic for a while now. Happy chappy, but no more brushes.​

So I might have just received this in the mail.

Started off at a reasonable price on eBay (don't they all) and then quickly escalated to near $100. Still worth it, I hope...have never had a Fatboy, but loved my Black Beauty a few years ago.
Sadly, this is a G2, so not easily (near impossible?) serviced, but it operates beautifully with doors opening and closing evenly, adjustment collar clicking nicely and the 1/4 turn to lock fully operational.
Looked a bit dull at first but with a very simple 10 second buff with a towel has come up very nicely. Can't wait to give it a bit more attention.

As far as cleaning ready for use....20 minute soak in 50:50 vinegar, gentle scrub, then soapy water and rinse?

As far as cleaning ready for use....20 minute soak in 50:50 vinegar, gentle scrub, then soapy water and rinse?

I'd avoid the vinegar. While only a mild acid it can aggravate any plate loss and is normally not necessary

Status
Not open for further replies.