May 2019 SHAVING Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cheers Mark. Is there any need to sterilize or soapy water is enough?

My routine is to pop razors into a shallow plastic tub.

Spray them GENEROUSLY with this - a very mild multi-purpose spray that just helps to loosen any soap scum etc.

Boil some water - fill the tub over the razor. Let cool.

Once cool scrub with a toothbrush.

Rinse and repeat as often as you like.

If you want to 'polish' then once you are done with this routine get some non-gel toothpaste on that brush ( I keep a seperate tube!) and scrub the life out of the razor with the toothpaste.

Then scrub the razor with the toothbrush under running water to ensure that the toothpaste is removed and dry with a soft (microfibre) cloth.

Note - the toothpaste MAY remove paint from the numbers on an adjustable.

A different method is used for gold or silver plated razors.

I do have some Barbicide but rarely bother to use it - mainly with razors I sell.

This thread has some thoughts too - http://paste-and-cut.com.au/communi...ring-vintage-razors-a-primer.2094/#post-52725

Wolfman WR2 on WRH7 handle arrived in the stainless. James' work really is incredible.

tz0Asb8h.jpg

Stunning @Korbz - congratulations and if it is the standard gap exactly the one I would be after as well (y)(y)(y)

Thanks @alfredus 😊 Yep, 0.95 std gap. Went with full handle instead of hollow as the wrh7 is a little lighter than the wrh2 anyway, but just made sure to get the shortest length.

Congratulations @Korbz. I like this configuration and look forward to hearing your review/thoughts on it.

yNg0vZmm.jpg

The Telerazor. Battery vibrating razor patented 1935. Takes a standard DE, a modern battery is a little long but it does work. I don't know that anyone needs a vibrating razor but it should be fun to try
I think you and I are stalking the same eBay listings as lately your purchases have been in my check lists.

Congratulations, looks fun and a very intriguing razor. Look forward to your thoughts.

I think you and I are stalking the same eBay listings as lately your purchases have been in my check lists.

Congratulations, looks fun and a very intriguing razor. Look forward to your thoughts.
My apologies if I outbid you. There is not much of interest on Au ebay, this looked like fun. I'll try it out tomorrow.
I also picked up a New (1896) Gem lather catcher and a Streamline(ish) SE, probably not on your check list. If you ever want to try that Streamline let me know, you can borrow one, I seem to have acquired a collection!

I also picked up a New (1896) Gem lather catcher and a Streamline(ish) SE,
Nice work! Got a pic of the Streamline(ish)?

Not to worry about the bids. I generally throw a few bucks at it and if no bids are placed by others it is a win by me. So I'm probably bumping yours up by accident so I also apologize.
Actually you started me on this trend after you won a cased streamline mid last year while I was on a sabbatical. So this year I went fishing also.

15 Days from order to delivery. Germany to a little town on the central QLD coast. Standard post.
This will feed the razors for awhile. Haven't used the Personna Blue or Med before, so looking forward to it. Have read some pretty polarizing reviews on the 365's so they may sit untouched for a bit. The Kai's will be mated up to the Karve D OC for the 7 day growth shaves.
Blades.jpg

Muhle r41, colonel conk and feather blades.

I had read people saying the cononelpnk performed well and wanted to givvot a go but since ordering I had read many people saying it is absolute garbage so y hope it's ok. I won't risk using it on my first r41 shave. I'll use something I'm used to so I don't die then give the colonel conk a go on my r89 first
28i6kns.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.