May 2020 SHAVING Acquisitions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks mate all arrived this arvo in perfect order.. I had to resist hard to not use the MdC tonight, but i had my heart set on the Fine Santal. You can guess SOTD soap for tomorrow which i will pair with the RR Essential Oil of Lime. The soap has a very pleasant lemon scent, thanks again (y)

Great, as I told you, MdC is amazing by doing the best from minimalist. It is a simple soap formula, simple scents, but so good. The only issue is the initial prize point, but still, if you think how many shaves you may get from it, still is a cheap product even brand new. If you enjoy the shaves, you may go for the fougere, because you already have nice fougeres around and you may need mooore :p

BTW i am still in an unofficial and undesired sabbatical, that may last till the end of the year :cry:

Today's mail call
1.jpg
2.jpg

The awesome balm is for me and the EdP a gift for my uncle's upcoming Birthday. Hope he likes it :nailbiting:

Okay, so I picked up this little brush for $15 from the local antique store and the hairs were in a very poor state. So, I went looking to have her re-knotted and came across @Srdjan after finding out about the P&C Matilda. I must say, he has done an absolute stirling job. If anyone is considering having a brush re-knotted there is absolutley no need to look any further from our shores. Before and after pics for your pleasure:

Before

After
6sFSO2Kl.jpg

What is in this package under those 'peanuts'?

f4ugcPyl.jpg

Oh, nice!

8in6LzYl.jpg

I realised the other day I didn't have any bay rum in my shaving selection - a clear oversight!

Huge shout out to @Ozwhisker at Artisan Arcade. VERY quick postage, sublime individual wrapping of items (a clear sign of care and attention to detail), and some nice freebies. Highly recommended (y)

f4ugcPyl.jpg

Oh, nice!

8in6LzYl.jpg

I realised the other day I didn't have any bay rum in my shaving selection - a clear oversight!

Huge shout out to @Ozwhisker at Artisan Arcade. VERY quick postage, sublime individual wrapping of items (a clear sign of care and attention to detail), and some nice freebies. Highly recommended (y)
Stirling Bay Rum is amazing

f4ugcPyl.jpg

Oh, nice!

8in6LzYl.jpg

giphy.gif

f4ugcPyl.jpg

Oh, nice!

8in6LzYl.jpg

Glad you are happy. We aim to please. :angelic:

Well that is good to hear, it was a bit of a punt as I've not tried Stirling for AGES

I know where it went :)

h26lzGG.jpg

With a couple of arrivals from The Portuguese Factory

Nice Portuguese cousins! I was looking for something a little less 'sweet' than the Ogallala (although forgot that I'd had that till recently)

Glad you are happy. We aim to please. :angelic:

Time will tell on the product, but the service was top notch - with those little touches like the careful individual packaging that just set some vendors apart - thanks!

Time to say goodbye to May folks ...

June thread here.

Status
Not open for further replies.