May11 Member Aquisitions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monsta_AU

...can I interest you in some vintage blades?
Staff member
Forum Administrator
Grand Society
A bit late, nonetheless here is your thread!

I actually have nothing incoming at the present time.

Neither have I.

But I am low on Speick AS and balm, and critical on the soap. Nothing exciting and new, but stuff I would not be without.

@Drubster: Let me know if you're planning on ordering anything. I'm sure I can find something I need..... mmmmm, let me rephrase that......I'm sure I can find something I want so we can knock the postage costs down. Looking for Tabac (puck I think), a stick of Speick (use it a lot) and other bits and pieces. No rush at all from this end.

"Yes there is a rush, cause I need stuff"
"No you don't, you've got enough shaving shit to last years"
"Get off your high horse, goodie two shoes. Ya boring old git"
"You're just in love with the postal service and obsessed with the mailbox"
"Too right, she's a hottie. Even under that daft helmet you can see that"

Regards

Bi-polar Pjotr.

^ That about covers it.

Check your mailbox.

I'm ordering soon cos I'm getting the colds sweats. PM time.

Thanks. Found the Valobra. It really is soft. Used it too. Will post my impressions. Have you tried the MWF yet?

Thanks. Found the Valobra. It really is soft. Used it too. Will post my impressions. Have you tried the MWF yet?

Yes. Underwhelming. It really is one of those hyped products.

Shaved with it three times, and the lather is schizophenic. I make it nice and wet, like I usually do, plenty of soap courtesy of the fat Chubby, and it still starts drying on my face. And I'm not a slow shaver. Even wet, it's not that great.

Protective and moisturising though, it leaves my face in good nick, I'll give it that. Pity it can't shave close for shit.

I've now got PM notification, e-mail alert, circling coast guard helicopters and I wouldn't be surprised if a member of ASIO came round with a waterboard or a f...... cattleprod to alert me to the fact that Drubbing's sent me a PM.

I've now got PM notification, e-mail alert, circling coast guard helicopters and I wouldn't be surprised if a member of ASIO came round with a waterboard or a f...... cattleprod to alert me to the fact that Drubbing's sent me a PM.

You should be cattleprodded for bringing that abysmal little brush into our universe.

:)

Don't tell me. I know. Drubbing tried to swap it for a few hundred blades. You gotta watch out with him.

Got the Kent boar and soap bundle someone on here was talking about. Not sure I like the boar: if I wanted something that rough, I would have used a scrubbing brush. Does seem to work though, I have a patch on my neck that is very hard to do anything with except painful ATG, after the boar it was as good as I have ever gotten it.

I will keep trying it. I think I will use it as a face exfoliator for a while until it breaks in!

Haven't used the soap yet. What do I do with it? Leave it in the pot? Leave the wrapper around it? More research needed.

James

Well I don't know cause I've never used a "pot" (not as an adult anyway) but I think you unwrap it, put it back, wet your brush and hit it hard. After that you're either face lathering or lathering it in another pot. Good luck. It's decent soap. Not as good as it's hyped up to be.

I picked up a birth year razor on Ebay.

A 1974 Gillette Super Speed with black handle and silver tip.

It looks in very good condition.

I will put up a pic when it arrives as the pic on ebay won't let me save it.

Not bad, I did have one myself, but got rid of it.
The 60s and 70s head was a lower profile head, so some like the flare tip original superspeeds from the 50s and the fat boy, others prefer the slim adjustable and the 60's SS which was kept for the 1970s too, only different was being the black handle which was lighter.
I've always preferred the 60s lower profile head on the slim adjustable and 60s SS, to the point that I didn't even like the 1940s original SS with the different handle ( I have a 1949).

They are a great introduction to vintage DE gillettes, I cut my teeth on the slim twist and other plastic handled 1970s DEs, and did own a super adjustable and super speed black handled 1970s razors.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.