Menthol soap

tullfan

2018 Sabbatical
Hello all,I may treat myself to a mentholated soap for Summer.
I do not want an eye watering soap, just a mild menthol hit.
I am looking at " Snakebite" or Stirling.
Any thoughts, and thanks in advance.
P.S. I have read that Proraso has a new formula, any truth to this or is the new packaging misleading people

Hello all,I may treat myself to a mentholated soap for Summer.
I do not want an eye watering soap, just a mild menthol hit.
I am looking at " Snakebite" or Stirling.
Any thoughts, and thanks in advance.
P.S. I have read that Proraso has a new formula, any truth to this or is the new packaging misleading people
As an honorary Da Menth Head I would advise you avoid Snakebite as its quite eye watering. Sadly I've yet to try any Stirling mentholated soaps but they do also sell Menthol Drops so you can add them to your favourite soap...? I believe Proraso Green is mentholated and its quite nice. :)

I'd recommend the PAA mentholated cube or the Ice Cube, that way you can use that before any soap you want. I also have a mix I made of menthol crystals, alcohol and witch hazel that I can add a few drops of to any lather to give it a menthol kick.

I'd recommend the PAA mentholated cube or the Ice Cube, that way you can use that before any soap you want. I also have a mix I made of menthol crystals, alcohol and witch hazel that I can add a few drops of to any lather to give it a menthol kick.
+1 on the PAA mentholated cube.

Stirling Margaritas in the arctic FTW!

Not too much menthol but more than others I've tried. Great scent and usual awesome Stirling performance on lather and sickness.

Each pass gets colder and the rinse off is the best part.
+1
Stirling Gin & Tonic on the rocks I also recommend. Iced Pineapple is also nice, but a bit colder, that you should probably try the others first.

Out of the soaps I currently have and tried, Stirling would be the way to go. Rest either are too much menthol, not great value or hard to get.

+1 for the Stirling soaps with menthol, I'm a massive fan of the in & Tonic on the rocks. I have also tried the Pineapple and lemon which are great. I would very much recommend giving them a go

Two super cold soaps I have also tried are the PAA Frost bite is fantastic Barrister and Mann Arctique. the PAA chill mill is a great way to dial in the level of menthol you would like in a soap that you already enjoy if that appeals.

I haven't tried this, but there's a variation on the menthol theme in Noble Otter Orbit: "...Orbit was made with the idea of clean, cool space. The scent is built around the freshness of Eucalyptus, Rose and Frozen Space. Orbit does contain a synthetic coolant that will last longer then your average menthol based soaps and it does not do anything to the fragrance."

Beard and Blade say they have stock arriving 24 July.

HTH

I haven't tried this, but there's a variation on the menthol theme in Noble Otter Orbit: "...Orbit was made with the idea of clean, cool space. The scent is built around the freshness of Eucalyptus, Rose and Frozen Space. Orbit does contain a synthetic coolant that will last longer then your average menthol based soaps and it does not do anything to the fragrance."

HTH
When did B&B tell you that it was gonna be the 24th?

I've been watching them as stockists of Noble Otter for the months they've been out of stock, and that's the message they're giving against the product listing right now. See here.
Brilliant, I've been asking them for the last few weeks and they said they had no ETA, so this is new and promising :D Cheers!

HTH
Thanks for that suggestion as yet to try Nobble Otter seeing as its quick to sell out (y)

As an honorary Da Menth Head I would advise you avoid Snakebite as its quite eye watering. Sadly I've yet to try any Stirling mentholated soaps but they do also sell Menthol Drops so you can add them to your favourite soap...? I believe Proraso Green is mentholated and its quite nice. :)
What were the stipulations for the "Da Menth Heads" banner???

5 - 6 soaps Eh? I had that in mentholated soaps I think i'm down to 3 at the moment
My problem is finding a mentholated splash to go with the soaps as most are no longer released or never had the matching splash...? :unsure:

Haven't tried it yet but keen to get PAA Cold Spices if I ever order aftershave containing alcohol from US again

@Holiday, might be worth reaching out to the stray whisker and see if they have any or if they could get it in?