Merkur 37C "Slant"

Stubbles

Thinking of purchasing this, but have heard mixed reviews. Anyone got an opinion on it?

Also, where would be a good place to buy, as ive seen them for $85 local, and US$39 with free delivery worldwide..

cheers :)

Think you'll find the US free delivery is only for the US.

Mensbiz will offer a 15% discount if you use B&B2010 code

Slants are very smooth and efficient shavers. I got 3 pass results in 2. I sold mine as it just irritated me too much. I should have tried it more with comfy blades, but...

Superior is doing free worldwide freight on these. Just bought and 11C open comb to see if I get a better results on my neck.

Think you'll find the US free delivery is only for the US.

Mensbiz will offer a 15% discount if you use B&B2010 code
Yeah free delivery as jesmol says.

Code no worky BTW.
Superior is doing free worldwide freight on these. Just bought and 11C open comb to see if I get a better results on my neck.
Cheers, will buy one on payday and see how it goes. :)

Ok, wasnt sure whether to post this here or start a new thread somewhere.

So...here it is. As you can see below ive been busy with purchasing a DE. Let me say that ive only ever shaved with a DE never. Jumped into the deep end on this and bought the slant bar. My lead up to the actual razor purchase was with Proraso soap and learning how to make a good enough lather whilst still using carts to see the difference. The shaves were slightly better using the proper soap, having moved away from a $3 cream from the local supermarket...Here's all the pics of what came

SDC12991.jpg

SDC12993.jpg

SDC12992.jpg

SDC12994.jpg

Now to my suprise, having never bought one of these before, Merkur throw in one of their blades free...

SDC12995.jpg

Also, where i purchased it from, they threw in a 10 pack of Feather blades...

SDC12996.jpg

So, how did I cope and how does it shave?

The first shave I thought "To hell with it" and put in the feather. :blink: Lathered up as normal, and tried to remember all the vids id studied about angle, etc. This was all new to me, so feel free to comment but what I found was -taking this slowly- that in my silence of solitude I could hear when the blade was cutting. Short strokes, adjusting the angle I managed to get the first pass down with no cuts at all. Had to constantly remind myself not to put pressure on the thing though, as I felt myself wanting to push down a few times...

Against better judgement of others, I did WTG then XTG and finally ATG sort of. It took me a final patch up pass to get it down fairly smooth. Already much better than a cart shave, but way too long and I had managed a small cut.

Now Ive held off writing this for a week to give a good impression of it. All I can say is that now 7 days on I can do in a 2 pass WTG and XTG what took me 4 passes. No cuts (except when I hit a small bump on my jawline by accident).

Its getting to the baby butt zone with each shave. Now I can pull the razor across faster being used to that metal tug on the hair, which was sort of a shock coming from a plastic scraping of the carts.

I use Proraso soap myself including the pre / post cream and its great having a shave now. Looking forward to trying some other soaps as well. A new brush is on the way also, but thats another thread. Would recommend having one of these in your kit if you havent got one ;)

That's a great result!

The moment where you can hear the bristles being mowed down...smells like victory.

The guys at work that have switched to DE have commented on the same thing - "zomg you can hear the bristles being cut".

I applaud you for using the Feathers and not being afraid of them, I did the same thing and just chucked one in and used it and got a really good shave.

So tell me - now that you don't use a cart, and you get a really smooth shave...do you find yourself running your fingertips over your jawline a bit more than you used to?

Cathy reckons I molest my face after a good shave. She's probably right.

So tell me - now that you don't use a cart, and you get a really smooth shave...do you find yourself running your fingertips over your jawline a bit more than you used to?

:weird: Now u mention it...

:amuse:

Good work. I sold my slant and wish I'd hung onto it for a while. I just went with my current favourite blade and I don't think I tried any more forgiving ones in it. Shaved brilliantly, but left me quite tender.