Merkur Futur-Disassemble-Clean-Lubricate

Just let me add, this razor is disassembled and reassembled, cleaning not included, in less than one minute.

UNLESS... you also want to put that half-open metal ring stopper (what is that thing called) back inside the handle, THIS then turns it into some 15-20 minutes of despair, effort, self-doubt till you finally forced it back in... but with a lot of feeling. :LOL:

The leftmost piece, that ring on it. If anyone finds a clever way how to bring it back into the hollow handle, that would be appreciated.

P.S. the razor also works perfectly without it, the lower end can fall off when you unscrew it, so it is kind of a safety one might not deem necessary.

Just let me add, this razor is disassembled and reassembled, cleaning not included, in less than one minute.

UNLESS... you also want to put that half-open metal ring stopper (what is that thing called) back inside the handle, THIS then turns it into some 15-20 minutes of despair, effort, self-doubt till you finally forced it back in... but with a lot of feeling. :LOL:

The leftmost piece, that ring on it. If anyone finds a clever way how to bring it back into the hollow handle, that would be appreciated.

P.S. the razor also works perfectly without it, the lower end can fall off when you unscrew it, so it is kind of a safety one might not deem necessary.
Do you mean the retention clip/compression ring?
I am not sure how you manage to put it back together but it can be tricky. I usually find that if you are careful with some pointy nose pliers you can use those to squeeze the ring/clip to allow it to slip down the opening in the handle a little better.

Try placing the razor head down flat with the top cap off and the razor standing up on its head. I like to place a little bit of oil or lubricant inside the handle's opening with a q-tip to reduce dry friction between each of the metals of the handle and the clip/ring. Once you slide the bottom knob into the handle to the point where the ring/clip is resting on the opening then pinch the clip/ring with some pointy nose pliers and push knob down as far as it can go whilst squeezing with the pliers at his point it is probably wedged firmly in the the handle and only a little visible release the pliers and either tap with a small mallet if available or push the knob down firmly into the handle. I usually do not remove those parts of an adjustable unless I have to and thankfully that is an area where Yaqi got it right and I do not need to fix. The head, tolerances and spring is another story.

Thank you, Rusty!
I did not even remember the German word Kompressionsring, so I couldn't figure out compression ring either.

YES, I was thinking about pliers, but was afraid to scratch the ring. Kinda idiotic, as it is metal inside anyways. But thinking again about it, I think its the correct way to do this, with pliers. (y)

What I did: I put the razor, without the head, just the hollow handle, but head down onto a towel and then pinching really and pressed downwards till that thing finally went in. The first half mm was a pain, but then it just needed a fist on the knob at the end to slide in completely.

I will try pliers next time, this might work out a lot better than pressing hard with the fingers and sliding it downwards at the same time. :X3:

What you can do is wrap the plier's tips with heatshrink if you want to protect the ring too. I have some pointy nose pliers that have no teeth on the tips and this really helps.

I panicked the first time I took apart an adjustable razor because it was so hard to get it back together without scratching stuff too but once the panic wore off I was okay. I did the finger thing too and it was very hard. lol