Monocero HUSARIA CC

Rhinehoth

... and these are a few of my favourite soaps.
X61JAnk.jpg

U9mLucK.jpg

Errol has a great review of this razor so mine will be a first impression after one shave. This razor has knurling but it’s slippery when dry and I managed to drop it on the floor. Luckily, I managed to catch it with my foot to lessen the impact so no harm done (I should mention that when the razor is wet then slipperiness is a nonissue). This is a very well built razor, nicely polished and it has a unique look to it. Like the Pils and Blutt razor, you are not going to confuse the husaria with an another razor and I like that. I think that it’s a good looking razor. Now, let’s talk about that blade gap. When I first saw the head without a blade in it, I must admit I had some trepidation shaving with it. However, when you insert a blade in it, the clamping pressure bends the razor downwards and reduces the gap somewhat. It‘s still there but nowhere near as much. I added a second picture of the razor without a blade in it so that you can see the difference. On to the shave.
Like I said previously, I was more than slightly apprehensive shaving with it due to the large gap but I needn’t have been. The shave was comfortable and quite efficient; it wasn’t super smooth but it was comfortable. There were no nicks, weepers or general bloodshed. Use a light touch, ride the cap slightly, don’t rush the shave and you’ll be fine. In fact this razor was smoother than the Yaqi Telstar and as smooth as the Yaqi Delorian. If you haven’t noticed by now, I really like this razor and I am off to buy the open comb razor, if it’s still in stock. Rats, just checked and they’re out of stock. 🤬