Monsta's Horological Wish List

Another one on the way.... calling it an birthday present to myself.

@Monsta_AU a Ms Gooroo ebay special offer?

Sure was.... Offered just under 60% of asking price, with a note that I was happy to negotiate. People that lowball below 55% of asking price get ignored or rejected. At my price there was no import duty but it is sent GSP which I hate. Postage is quite exxy, but reasonable on the value of my purchase I guess.

Highly recommend the Combat subs - a real Swiss Movement (ETA 2842 of course) with excellent build quality. The ones showing just over the AUD$700 mark you can offer USD$329 and she will likely accept. The Goldeneye is definitely on my radar too.... great lookiing watch. The red-bezel Combat Subs also really float my boat.

Sure was.... Offered just under 60% of asking price, with a note that I was happy to negotiate. People that lowball below 55% of asking price get ignored or rejected. At my price there was no import duty but it is sent GSP which I hate. Postage is quite exxy, but reasonable on the value of my purchase I guess.

Highly recommend the Combat subs - a real Swiss Movement (ETA 2842 of course) with excellent build quality. The ones showing just over the AUD$700 mark you can offer USD$329 and she will likely accept. The Goldeneye is definitely on my radar too.... great lookiing watch. The red-bezel Combat Subs also really float my boat.
Been keeping an eye on the deals as they come up in f71 heads up thread, but missed the few watches that caught my attention

I purchased a glycine from gooroo recently also. Was pleasantly surprised at how low their counter offer was

Been keeping an eye on the deals as they come up in f71 heads up thread, but missed the few watches that caught my attention
She has listed some new ones in the past 24 hours, worth a look.

I purchased a glycine from gooroo recently also. Was pleasantly surprised at how low their counter offer was
By all means, open up a new thread for a review of what you bought! The Invicta buyout of the brand is causing some great 'runout' deals from older, pre-Invicta stock.

The airman has arrived!! Happy with it, cannot take a decent photo of it to save myself.

Considering letting my Vostok Ambphibia go... Comes with the main leather strap I have had it on, original box & bracelet and I will throw in a couple of 20mm NATO's too. A couple of scratches on the acrylic but nothing that is too bad.

If someone is interested then let me know.

Last edited:
Okay, with the news that the SARB065 has now been discontinued by Seiko, I am in a quandary as I definitely want one of the current model and not the one that appears to replace it (SARY075) has an fugly 'PRESAGE, AUTOMATIC" branding on it instead of the rather nice 'Automatic, 23 Jewels' that the 065 has. Looks like I will be sorting one out soon from Seiya or LongIslandWatch before stock runs out.
Never did order one, but Santa delivered one of these today. OEM strap is abominable but the deployant clasp is nice. Looking for a new strap for it.

Better start flooding my FB feed with Rolex Subs now....

Pics????

Just noticed this thread...great wish list, @Monsta_AU (y) I’d love a Panerai someday (hopefully when shaving AD has subsided)! I have couple of Omegas that I inherited from my dad when he passed away & I’m looking to pass them on to my 2 sons someday. My EDC watch nowadays is an Apple Watch *shame* :banghead:...I keep my phone on silent all day & I get my notifications via the watch. Plus it reminds (pesters) me to move around during the day!

An Apple watch has little Horological significance so it will never see the light of day with me.

Something like that TAG Heuer 'Connected' is fine as you can get a Calibre 5 insert... making it a mechanical by swapping the module. There's also a very expensive Tourbillon module which I think is something like $14k. Horologically significant that one.

As per the poster you quoted, I think the Apple watch is something of a flawed idea for apple. It kind of replaces your phone, but with a less usable screen. It's also not the kind of watch that look like it can take everyday use and abuse.
I agree that there's a lot of flaws to the Apple Watch. It's not aesthetically pleasing to look at, and it can't really function well as a phone (I know since I've tried & it makes you look stupid talking to your wrist!) It's become more of a fitness tracker & heads up display for my phone. I do change to a proper timepiece when I'm in decent company :)

There’s a digital trissot at a vinnies I frequent. Unfortunately they googled it and it’s priced appropriately.

It's become more of a fitness tracker & heads up display for my phone. I do change to a proper timepiece when I'm in decent company :)
And there are loads of alternatives that can do the same without the price tag, and you could actually take to a field of play with them.