Monsta's Horological Wish List

Well mine was Express Post @eggbert and from ADL to CBR was meant to be next business day - so I was actually fairly confident that I would beat old @Monsta_AU...

... but it seems that it is not to be :(

Nothing in the mailbox this morning and no update on the tracking

Yep, post is consistently inconsistent. I just had an urgent delivery overnight parcel return to vendor with no explanation, all pertinent information/markings were placed on the packaging. :mad:

At the risk of a thread hijack, a 2001 (my son's birth year) Omega Speedmaster Professional -
No no no , you're doing it all wrong. What you do is start on the Seikos, buy 20-30 of them, then move up to mid tier swiss, and spend another $5-10k on those, then sell off some of it to get the Speedmasters.

You went the fully Speedy. No one ever goes the full speedy.

hesalite Speedy?

Very nice. Where did you get that? Makes me itchy for one

Yes, this one -

This OMEGA Speedmaster Professional “Moonwatch” features a black dial covered by a hesalite crystal and graced by a small seconds sub-dial, 30-minute recorder and 12-hour recorder along with a central chronograph hand. The black bezel, with its tachymetric scale, is mounted on a 42 mm stainless steel case and presented on a matching bracelet.

At the heart of this chronograph is OMEGA’s mechanical calibre 1861, the famous manual-winding movement that was worn on the Moon.

Purchased via the Australian Watch Buy, Swap Sell FB group - very dangerous group to have in your feed!

Lot's of well priced Speedy for sale -

$4300 for a 2015 full set
$3600 for a 2005 watch only (serviced last year)
$4850 for an April (?) 2018 full set
$4950 for a May 2018 full set

I may have paid a little more than I should/ would have liked to - but the 2001 connection makes it worthwhile.

No no no , you're doing it all wrong. What you do is start on the Seikos, buy 20-30 of them, then move up to mid tier swiss, and spend another $5-10k on those, then sell off some of it to get the Speedmasters.

You went the fully Speedy. No one ever goes the full speedy.
:oops: OOPS - did I do it wrong again ?

It was a bit of a jump, but I had a very helpful member here who held my proverbial hand through the process (thanks @TomG!)

Beautiful piece....

Thank you (y)

Well mine was Express Post @eggbert and from ADL to CBR was meant to be next business day - so I was actually fairly confident that I would beat old @Monsta_AU...

... but it seems that it is not to be :(

Nothing in the mailbox this morning and no update on the tracking

Arrived today. Late today, but today.

No pictures. This one will have a very unorthadox unpacking. Hopefully I can share more next week.

Arrived today. Late today, but today.

No pictures. This one will have a very unorthadox unpacking. Hopefully I can share more next week.
Let me guess. Something for the cancer auction?