Monsta's Horological Wish List

Monsta_AU

...can I interest you in some vintage blades?
Staff member
Forum Administrator
Grand Society
Well, I have decided I want a few watches.... Just thought I should list them here so I have it handy at some stage.

COLLECTION:
Vostok 420640, Black leather/red stitch strap
Melbourne Watch Co Hawthorn on Bracelet + Tan strap
Glycine 3887.19 LB9B Airman Base 22 GMT (main daily)
Karlskrona Baltic Shield (Anthracite/Yellow)
Karlskrona Nordic Shield

Seiko SARB065 'Cocktail Time' (discontinued by Seiko, delivered by Santa)
Seiko SZSC003 'Gen3 Blue Monster'
Seiko SZSC005 'Jade Monster'

IN TRANSIT:

PREORDERED:

NEXT PURCHASE:

WISHLIST:
Alpina Alpiner 4 GMT, Silver
Helm 'Vanuatu' diver, preorder coming for next release here
Steinhart Ocean Titanium 500 Premium
Steinhart Ocean vintage GMT
Certina DS-1 Powermatic 80
Tissot T-Sport Chrono (T17.1.586.32)
Heuer Autavia CBE2110.BA0687

UNAFFORDABLES:
Omega Speedmaster (3570.50.00)
Rolex Submariner
Panerai PAM00111

DISPOSED:
Seiko SNZH53

Last edited:
Some nice choices there RM. I'd love a Rolex Submariner also, but I doubt very much I'll ever be in a position to afford one.

I very nearly got myself a Monster, but ended up with a SKX007 instead. No complaints so far

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f304/open-review-seiko-skx007-274261.html

If you have a thing for automatic drivers, can I also suggest you consider an Orient Mako? Looks and functions great, and won't break the bank:

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f71/official-orient-mako-club-568233.html

I am a little disappointed with my Vostok.

I kind of expected the bezel to be similar to most other watches which only move in one direction, and seem to "click" into place for each position. While the Amphibia doesn't turn of it's own accord that part of it doesn't feel as well built as I expected it to.

Other than that it is a nice solid watch, but it's funny how little things can turn you off.

Some nice choices there RM. I'd love a Rolex Submariner also, but I doubt very much I'll ever be in a position to afford one.

It's entitled a 'Wish List' for a reason! The basic Submariner is about $9k before you get to any of the extras like two-tone bracelets. The Panerai's are cheaper but can go much higher.

Even the Omega Speedy is going to be around $4k, I think the current RRP is $5075 in Australia.

I very nearly got myself a Monster, but ended up with a SKX007 instead. No complaints so far

Certainly isn't bad at all. I think for me the Monster is exactly what I am after. Definitely want the Japanese version though.

There's also a few other ones, have my eye on the blue Special Edition, plus there are other ones including the Black/Orange which looks amazing.

If you have a thing for automatic drivers, can I also suggest you consider an Orient Mako? Looks and functions great, and won't break the bank:

Certainly a nice one, but this list is designed to get a few, add a few! I think the yellow dial Mako looks sweet though and the price is good.

I definitely want to get the Orange Monster and the two Sea-Master colour variants and then we will see what we can add. Good suggestion on the Mako, but while I do like Divers per sè but I don't want my collection to be nothing but Divers. Will need a few dress watches also, and a couple of classics.

There's a couple of Bulova models I have my eye on too - good solid watches with great quality without the eye-watering price.

Other than that it is a nice solid watch, but it's funny how little things can turn you off.

For me, I see it as a $70 watch and it is good value for that sort of money. I don't care if I kill it but would be upset if I damaged a much more expensive watch.

Did you get a seagull monsta? Apparently the black and white were in stock for 4 hours earlier today.

I'm subscribed to the thread on watchuseek but didn't see it in time either.

It would be good if you could just preorder them and they ship when the come into stock. Would give them a better idea of what their orders need to be.

As for that Seiko, it's only $600-ish, not expensive compared to many other watches but definitely a step up. I do like it, it's different.

Keeping an eye on the WUS thread? The seagulls are available but with a possible few changes that might not be for the better.

I'm going to wait and see what happens with the blue one before I pull the trigger

Bought my 'birthday present to myself' - pulled the trigger on a Vostok 420640. Total comes to USD$70.77 shipped, but it was basically $80 once Paypal did their thing. Here's the picture:

russian-military-vostok-komandirskie-tank-watch-211306.jpg

I was looking at the 420268 and still want it, although I wanted a slightly more 'classic Vostok' looking dial as my first example.

Also thinking that this new release looks rather dressy yet understated while keeping the diver style case. Again, you can have it for $80 to your door. Smashing value for a reasonably classy looking watch.

Nice looking watches mate - gee I could be tempted ....

Nice looking watches mate - gee I could be tempted ....
I thought you had expensive tastes Mark. You need to be looking at an Omega Speedy at least!

Yeah, that does look pretty good, and not immediately noticeable as a Russian watch, even the 'Automatic' and '31 Jewels' are in English whereas the Amphibia's are in Cyrillic.

Last edited:
Bought my 'birthday present to myself' - pulled the trigger on a Vostok 420640. Total comes to USD$70.77 shipped, but it was basically $80 once Paypal did their thing. Here's the picture:

I was looking at the 420268 and still want it, although I wanted a slightly more 'classic Vostok' looking dial as my first example.

Also thinking that this new release looks rather dressy yet understated while keeping the diver style case. Again, you can have it for $80 to your door. Smashing value for a reasonably classy looking watch.

That's the one I meant to buy but I accidentally ended up with the one with the 211306 as I thought the lume would be better. I was wrong!

Hmm, I had been reasonably set on a Seiko 5 but that Vostok with the black face and gold features is pretty nice. Either of those makes it hard to contemplate waiting around trying to get a Seagull.

They look great Egg, but always seem to be out of stock. I think they look a little classier than a Seiko, but who knows when they'll be available again and if I'll be online when they do?

I have no idea how they compare mechanically. The Seiko is a going to look a little more subtle under a suit, but the Seagull is a nice looking watch. I think the Vostok is out of contention as a first watch, I don't like gold much.

I think the Vostok is out of contention as a first watch, I don't like gold much.

There's plenty of other colour combinations to choose from. Trawl the ChistopolCity website more, you will find something you like. I like this one, which is a silver face instead of Black. Still has gold markers but its probably much more understated.

I thought you had expensive tastes Mark. You need to be looking at an Omega Speedy at least!

Yeah, that does look pretty good, and not immediately noticeable as a Russian watch, even the 'Automatic' and '31 Jewels' are in English whereas the Amphibia's are in Cyrillic.

Expensive tastes? Me? nice looking watch ....