Muhle Sophist bling

I hate those types of handles. I don't grip a razor like a hammer so I don't like anything with a bulbous handle, including the vintage bakelite stuff.
Straight handle with something grippy under the head and at the tip is all I want.

Most of my razors are far from pristine, and I love them for all their wear and tear. So it might just be me.

I can't imagine how it would feel anything but awkward in the hand either.

It's not just you; it looks shite.

In my opinion it's not an everyday usage tool it's like an artistic rendition of what a "luxury model" razor should look like, with no thought given to practicality.

No No No, if we agree on everything there's not much discussion to be had and the forum with be dead.
I thought we found that out on pjotr's DE thread.

Bugger hey :cheesy:

Geez the more I hear about B&B the happier I am I never went there.

Bugger hey :cheesy:

Geez the more I hear about B&B the happier I am I never went there.

Oh common Jug. An ideal opportuinity to join B&B. We can have a bit of fun. You call yourself Luigi and pretend to be a fifth generation Italian barber who's grandfather fled Italy just before the outbreak of WWII because he was part of an anti fascist underground movement (that'll get you all the service men, veterans and gun collectors, basically the entire B&B community, on board). You then write a five page method on how your grandfather taught you the proper Italian barber way to remove those pesky glue patches on double edge razor blades. They'll have tears in their eyes whilst writing things like:

"Thank your grandfather for his service in the fight against global fascist terrorism"
"That method should become a sticky, it is that good. Say something in Italian"
"Do you guys still speak latin?"
"Why don't they use gondeliers in the alps. It would boost tourism no end"

Oh common Jug. An ideal opportuinity to join B&B. We can have a bit of fun. You call yourself Luigi and pretend to be a fifth generation Italian barber who's grandfather fled Italy just before the outbreak of WWII because he was part of an anti fascist underground movement (that'll get you all the service men, veterans and gun collectors, basically the entire B&B community, on board). You then write a five page method on how your grandfather taught you the proper Italian barber way to remove those pesky glue patches on double edge razor blades. They'll have tears in their eyes whilst writing things like:

"Thank your grandfather for his service in the fight against global fascist terrorism"
"That method should become a sticky, it is that good. Say something in Italian"
"Do you guys still speak latin?"
"Why don't they use gondeliers in the alps. It would boost tourism no end"

It's funny cos it's true.

Yeah but I don't want to pay out too hard on the forum to insult the members there.

Mark1966/BA/Boring accountant is a good guy. Luc is too. I'm sure there's various GSL/whirpool/ocau members active on all those places looking here as well.
I have stopped going to B&B true, but a lot of people from au (eg WP or ocau) have found B&B and consider it and great place, and it is if they are just sticking to GSL.
Aside from GSL I much preferred shave my face or the shave den .
But I'm just saying don't write all members off for the quality of the USA moderation and everything else in B&B though.

Only thing wrong with B&B right now is I believe you can't join and then straight away join social groups? Is that correct?
That's a problem for that for people like jugv2 who may want to access GSL, there's no choice but waiting out the 30-45 day USA DA session before he qualifies for joining GSL.

Last edited:
Not really a problem for me to not be able to join; I'm not of a mind to do so anyway.

Yeah but I don't want to pay out too hard on the forum to insult the members there.

Mark1966/BA/Boring accountant is a good guy. Luc is too. I'm sure there's various GSL/whirpool/ocau members active on all those places looking here as well.
I have stopped going to B&B true, but a lot of people from au (eg WP or ocau) have found B&B and consider it and great place, and it is if they are just sticking to GSL.
Aside from GSL I much preferred shave my face or the shave den .
But I'm just saying don't write all members off for the quality of the USA moderation and everything else in B&B though.

Only thing wrong with B&B right now is I believe you can't join and then straight away join social groups? Is that correct?
That's a problem for that for people like jugv2 who may want to access GSL, there's no choice but waiting out the 30-45 day USA DA session before he qualifies for joining GSL.

I go there quite a lot. I just have to constantly bite my tongue. Or just not go to 95% of the forums. A lot of really nice people there, just a few persistent morons and sycophants. They also appear to be fairly thick. I've dropped some really sarcastic piss takes and it just went straight over their heads. I was hoping this forum would be a slightly bigger version of B&B's GSL.