My Experience With My Rockwell 6C Razor So Far...

gillettedeguy

It's been about two weeks now since I got my Rockwell 6C razor. So far I've used the R1 & R3 side plates with Gillette Silver Blue blade. So far I'm impressed. I now have made up my mind that I kind of don't care for the R1 side as it seems to take forever to slice all of the hair from my face. I flipped the plate over to R3 and it made a difference, well just a little bit. I am enjoying this razor by far. It seems to deliver more closer, comfortable, smooth shaves than my old Gillettes. I still have two more INDIVIDUAL plates to try with both sides. I will update my progress on this thread.

good to hear mate.. i love my 6C too, so far it has held my RAD at bay.. dont be afraid to go up to plate 5. A little more care needed but the efficiency is amazing. Give the R4 plate a crack next

Nice one!

I also really like my 6C, for travel.
I have the 6S for home use.
I am also waiting for my model T to arrive in due course.

Even though the blade gaps are the same, I find the R4 on the 6S gives me the same shave as the R6 on the 6C.

Nice

Even though the blade gaps are the same, I find the R4 on the 6S gives me the same shave as the R6 on the 6C.

That’s an interesting observation. When I done the review on the RAW Ti RS-10 it made sense to me that they would use the same geometry as the stainless steel version yet the results were less efficiency on the lighter titanium version. That’s exactly what you’re saying here, the lighter aluminium razor is less efficient than the stainless version. Again it would makes sense for Rockwell to use the same geometry.

That’s an interesting observation. When I done the review on the RAW Ti RS-10 it made sense to me that they would use the same geometry as the stainless steel version yet the results were less efficiency on the lighter titanium version. That’s exactly what you’re saying here, the lighter aluminium razor is less efficient than the stainless version. Again it would makes sense for Rockwell to use the same geometry.
Did you also find this to be true with the Paradigm II and 17-4 or their weights too similar?

I’ve not used either razor. I have both pencilled in for later in the year.
Oh.. really would love you to try them both before the second batch of Ti RS-10s are released if possible. A review of both Paradigms compared to the current RS-10s would be very helpful to me and hopely others playing in this end of the market (y)

What's more a mystery is that I've put a different handle on the 6S and the weight is now the same as the 6C (100g) and the 6S still shaves closer. I just wonder if it has anything to do with the matte finish on the 6S compared to the ultra glide of the chrome finish.

I dunno...I can't figure it out but I love both these razors and can't wait for my model T.

strange that two shaver of the same geometry would shave differently, but if the above is correct i would hate to wonder what the 6S on plate 6 would be :eek: R6 on the 6C is way enough for me

Keep in mind the Rockwell 6S is heavier than the 6C, @nav1 when you get your Model T, please keep me posted because the top head is not pretty good.

1. No blade overhang which makes it tricky to remove the blade when cleaning or replacing a new blade.

2. Very difficult to shave under the nose going WTG and XTG, you can only shave ATG under the nose.

3. No issue at all shaving my face and neck going WTG, XTG and ATG. Only the nose area is the main issue.

4. The top head is too big or curvey nowhere as close to the vintage Gillette Slim Adjustable design which is a real shame for the Model T.

5. I'm thinking about selling my Model T soon not too happy about the head design.

Last edited:
Keep in mind the Rockwell 6S is heavier than the 6C, @nav1 when you get your Model T, please keep me posted because the top head is not pretty good.

1. No blade overhang which makes it tricky to remove the blade when cleaning or replacing a new blade.

2. Very difficult to shave under the nose going WTG and XTG, you can only shave ATG under the nose.

3. No issue at all shaving my face and neck going WTG, XTG and ATG. Only the nose area is the main issue.

4. The top head is too big or curvey nowhere as close to the vintage Gillette Slim Adjustable design which is a real shame for the Model T.

5. I'm thinking about selling my Model T soon not too happy about the head design.

Fair enough. No point hanging on to a razor you don't get on with.

I've previously used the futur and have worked out the technique for shaving under the nose.

Also, I really like the Rockwell's rounded top cap because it bends the blade more and I really prefer this. In fact, the flat blade bed on the vintage Gillette razors is why I didn't keep even one in use.

Fair enough. No point hanging on to a razor you don't get on with.

I've previously used the futur and have worked out the technique for shaving under the nose.

Also, I really like the Rockwell's rounded top cap because it bends the blade more and I really prefer this. In fact, the flat blade bed on the vintage Gillette razors is why I didn't keep even one in use.
I don’t have any issues with my Rockwell 6C and 6S still a real keeper in my den, not sure about the Model T, besides the top cap curve from 6C and 6S is not the same as the Model T is completely different

Oh.. really would love you to try them both before the second batch of Ti RS-10s are released if possible. A review of both Paradigms compared to the current RS-10s would be very helpful to me and hopely others playing in this end of the market (y)

Its too late to look for comparisons to the Paradigm. Ali from RAW Shaving sent a post today advising they would be looking for the first payment in the next few days. I have posted his update at the Weekly Razor Review.

I would have thought that a comparison between the Timeless stainless steel and titanium would have been a better comparison because there are more using them. Like the Paradigm I have all variants but have not used them. I know, bloody useless.

What's more a mystery is that I've put a different handle on the 6S and the weight is now the same as the 6C (100g) and the 6S still shaves closer. I just wonder if it has anything to do with the matte finish on the 6S compared to the ultra glide of the chrome finish.

I dunno...I can't figure it out but I love both these razors and can't wait for my model T.

It has to have something to
Do with the finish. Maybe it's the thickness of the plating?

Maybe they used the same investment castings for both versions. And the gaps change slightly because the plating thickness adds a little and/or achievable tolerancing of the plating thickness as well. If you get two parts where the plating is at at the larger end of the tolerance it might reduce down the blade gap enough to notice:unsure:

Very strange how both 6C and 6S has same head design but shave differently, indeed. Yeah, I haven't tried the 6S, yet, but I will eventually. I'm thinking about trying the next aggression plate tomorrow, I have some enough hair growth now, so I should shave sometime tomorrow. If not, I'll still post my updates here.

It has to have something to
Do with the finish. Maybe it's the thickness of the plating?

Maybe they used the same investment castings for both versions. And the gaps change slightly because the plating thickness adds a little and/or achievable tolerancing of the plating thickness as well. If you get two parts where the plating is at at the larger end of the tolerance it might reduce down the blade gap enough to notice:unsure:

I was thinking it was more the function of the plating is how the razor moves across the skin but you could be right about the thickness of the plating, that makes sense.

In either case, I love both the razors and I am still a massive fan of Rockwell, despite the model T delays. The 6S had similar beginnings as it's still my favorite razor (along with the karve).