My stuff from Qshave arrived yesterday

Question

Although I had to go pick it up from the post office because Aus post claimed that they attempted delivery but nobody was home (total lie, not the first time this has happened).

Anyway, I got the adjustable razor for $15 and a badger brush for about $12 (not including shipping). Packaging was nicer than I thought it would be...they came in nice black boxes.

QShave-Classic-Adjustable-Safety-Razor-Manual-Silver-Color-Double-Edge-Shaving-Safety-Razor-Mens-Valentine-Father.jpg_640x640.jpg

Razor was easy to open and had a nice heft to it. But I was surprised that the blade doesnt lock into place when you place it into the base, it only locks into place when you push the head down and lock the head into place. The blade popped off a few times while i was using pressure to lock the head into place so it just seemed like it would have been better for the blade to slot into place when placing it into the base, rather than just sitting there loose.

I tried using the Qshave sample blades and I'm not sure if it was the blades, but shaving felt pretty bad. I was using the razor on the "3" setting and it wasn't giving me a close shave at all, and it felt like the blade was "pulling" hairs for lack of a better word. Will try a left over Feather sample blade next to see if that works better. Otherwise, the feel of the razor in terms of the weight and handle design feels WAY better than my old Merkur 42c. Hopefully, the coating will last a long time.

Following the Qshave instructions, I soaked the brush in shaving soap for a while before using it but there was still a pretty much strong smell, which I guess is the natural badger smell. Doesn't smell very nice...it's not a chemical smell at least. Does that normally wear off in time? The brush itself makes a way better lather than the Omega boar brushes that I have used in the past, although I'm worried about how fragile the bristles are. The Qshave instructions warned not to "push" the head flat (like what is happening in this picture) and to use back and forth motions like a painbrush only. Are badger brushes just more fragile?

Pretty impressed with the razor and brush, especially considering the price. Very affordable from Aliexpress. They seem to have a goat milk soap for about $9.50, has anyone tried that?

Last edited:
Although I had to go pick it up from the post office because Aus post claimed that they attempted delivery but nobody was home (total lie, not the first time this has happened).

Anyway, I got the adjustable razor for $15 and a badger brush for about $12 (not including shipping). Packaging was nicer than I thought it would be...they came in nice black boxes.

QShave-Classic-Adjustable-Safety-Razor-Manual-Silver-Color-Double-Edge-Shaving-Safety-Razor-Mens-Valentine-Father.jpg_640x640.jpg

Razor was easy to open and had a nice heft to it. But I was surprised that the blade doesnt lock into place when you place it into the base, it only locks into place when you push the head down and lock the head into place. The blade popped off a few times while i was using pressure to lock the head into place so it just seemed like it would have been better for the blade to slot into place when placing it into the base, rather than just sitting there loose.

I tried using the Qshave sample blades and I'm not sure if it was the blades, but shaving felt pretty bad. I was using the razor on the "3" setting and it wasn't giving me a close shave at all, and it felt like the blade was "pulling" hairs for lack of a better word. Will try a left over Feather sample blade next to see if that works better. Otherwise, the feel of the razor in terms of the weight and handle design feels WAY better than my old Merkur 42c. Hopefully, the coating will last a long time.

Following the Qshave instructions, I soaked the brush in shaving soap for a while before using it but there was still a pretty much strong smell, which I guess is the natural badger smell. Doesn't smell very nice...it's not a chemical smell at least. Does that normally wear off in time? The brush itself makes a way better lather than the Omega boar brushes that I have used in the past, although I'm worried about how fragile the bristles are. The Qshave instructions warned not to "push" the head flat (like what is happening in this picture) and to use back and forth motions like a painbrush only. Are badger brushes just more fragile?

Pretty impressed with the razor and brush, especially considering the price. Very affordable from Aliexpress. They seem to have a goat milk soap for about $9.50, has anyone tried that?
Definitely change the blade and use the Qshave ones as tools for scraping stuff etc.If you have any alignment issues,leave the top cap on and push down then wind the handle off to remove the head altogether.Get the spring and turn it 180 degrees then replace the head and it should sort it.

I bought the goat milk soap in their 11.11 sales last year.... haven't used it yet but if you wait until the 11th November before purchasing you'll get a much better price (loads of sellers have it with a range of good and bad prices)

It cost me $5.62 delivered according to my purchase history :)

Oh, the cap itself isnt loose, its just that when replacing the blade, th blade doesnt lock into place because its its held in place by the cap. So when I try to push down the cap to lock the blade into place, sometimes the blade pops out.

Whats so special about 11th november?