My whinge about AS bottles...

JugV2

Simply boring.
Ok so I got some Floid and some La Toja AS.

Both are large bottles, and my gripe with both is that the neck/pouring hole is awful.

I just can't pour any without slopping it all over the place.

Who else uses these and has resolved the problem? What did you do to combat this?

I get that some AS/Colognes are designer scents and the bottle is shaped like a grenade/truck/Pjotr's head...and that's all good because I expect those types of things to be dicey to pour.

Used the Floid for the first time tonight. Splashed it on to my hand - probably more than I would have chosen to add, but the carton does say to apply a generous amount so I went with it.

I think Drubbing has also mentioned that he had similar issues with Floid as you.

Many actually decant into smaller bottles, or use the Atomiser heads.

I wrote about this 50 years ago, you blokes need to catch up. The floid bottles are a pain in the arse. They'll last a couple of weeks if you slop them around.

I stick a thumb over the opening and dribble it. When I have a spare Proraso or Speick bottle, I chuck it all in that instead.

I'm either about to whinge that I might be slightly allergic to the stuff, or I am coming down with a fairly hefty cold quite quickly.
I've had an itchy, running nose ever since I splashed it all over.

I want to go somewhere cold and experience that menthol hit though.

I wrote about this 50 years ago, you blokes need to catch up. The floid bottles are a pain in the arse. They'll last a couple of weeks if you slop them around.

I stick a thumb over the opening and dribble it. When I have a spare Proraso or Speick bottle, I chuck it all in that instead.

I know you did mate, I just like the sound of your voice.

Good idea with the decanting from you and RM, I will have to pop into Ikea and see if they have a snazzy bottle available.

+1 to the AS bottles. they just seem to just pour out like engine oil. might have to look for a bottle with a proper head so that i dont just pour out the stuff.

Aqua Velva is the worst I've experienced - horrid bottles!

You'd think humans after discovering pottery about 30,000 yrs ago would be able to produce recepticals that could appropriately decant anything, anywhere, anytime. Still, it's a good excuse to go and seek advise from the painted floozies at the perfume counters in department stores.

I have resolved my issues.

I went to a shop called Big Bubble in Midland and spent a whopping $5. I got two spray bottles for the AS, and a tub to grate a stick into, Drubbing style, for the La Toja stick.

IMAG0545.jpg

I also have ordered some 250ml tubs with a screw top lid for creams and soaps to be grated or PIF's to go into.

edit: yes I spilled some Floid during the transfer. Carpet in ManCave smells of floid. And that's the way ahuh ahuh I like it.

Last edited: