Myrsol

Drubbing

110% Smiley-Free
I'd be grateful if anyone can post the 'flavours' of Myrsol AS. I want to get more emulsion from G&C, but makes sense to get a couple of other things too. I'll probably pick up their synth Epsilon cheapie as well. I assume G&C are still shipping AS?

The Balsamic water looks like my kind of thing. Mint and lemon is out, so wondering what the others might be?

As much as it's handy having a local supplier, they're going to have to do far better than 4X the price of shipping it in, to make it worth it.

Thanks

G'day @Drubbing. Good to hear that the Lancs lad is back in town.
I've just ordered some Myrsol products from G&C - the Balsamic Water, Limon and Antesol A/S's, and some Emulsion. I also wanted to try the Plastic A/S, but out of stock.
Try to support local when I can, but pricing is not competitive with G&C.
Here is a clip with a couple of flexible lads who enjoy themselves running through the Myrsol range:

Also find below a handy ingredients chart for the Myrsol range (source: The Pleasure of Shaving website).
You will need to zoom in a bit.

Myrsol%20Ingredients_zpsv3hfpehc.jpg

Myrsol%20Ingredients_zpsv3hfpehc.jpg

Just get one of each guys!

I got six - regret not getting the seventh for a full week's worth of choices ...

@Mark1966 - have you tried the Plastic? No doubt an unfortunate literal translation from Spanish, but has a reputation as being great for the mug. It was out of stock when I placed my order. Interested in experience if any?

@Mark1966 - have you tried the Plastic? No doubt an unfortunate literal translation from Spanish, but has a reputation as being great for the mug. It was out of stock when I placed my order. Interested in experience if any?

No, one I'm missing :(

BTW a new Myrsol scent -Myrsol Don Miguel 1919- was just announced a few days ago. It is based on a scent from the 1960's that Miguel never manufactured. It will be a jasmine scent. There will be the aftershave, a new cologne and even a shaving soap in this scent.
For details see Facebook.

13325584_1711998965706962_2448894353333918446_n.jpg

I'll add my thoughts on the ones I have, but below is a list from another place that I used when picking.

• Aqua Balsamica - speick scented, little more herby though
  • F/Extra - seems to have more menthol kick than the rest. Not tried floid to compare it to.
  • Plastic - turkish delight, but not in a sickly sweet way. Great face feel afterwards
  • Blue - similar to the other blues like they say
  • Antesol - really dry barbershop

The scents don't last long on any of these ones, with the top 2 (Balsamica and F/Extra) lasting the longest at around 2 hrs max for me.

Quote from somewhere else

"If you like peppermint, then go to Formula K. For summer. Probably is the strongest menthol of them, also with Agua de Limon.
If you like violet, then go to Formula C. Is delicious. I like it a lot, a lot.
If you like herbal scents, then go to Agua Balsamica (rosemary, lavander and thyme). Mediterranean countryside!!!
If you like old barbershop scents, then go to Antesol and Emulsion. Antesol is delicious. Emulsion is the brand flagship product. Both can be used as pre and post shave products.
If you like Floid, then go to F/EXTRA, a bit softer, but more classy. Excellent.
If you like Floid Blue or Aqua Velva, then go to Blue. It is better, more classy also.
If you lilke lemon, then go to Agua de Limon, but you must like lemon scent, certainly.
Plastic is strange, in my oppinion. I do not have a clear oppinion yet."

I'll add my thoughts on the ones I have, but below is a list from another place that I used when picking.

• Aqua Balsamica - speick scented, little more herby though
  • F/Extra - seems to have more menthol kick than the rest. Not tried floid to compare it to.
  • Plastic - turkish delight, but not in a sickly sweet way. Great face feel afterwards
  • Blue - similar to the other blues like they say
  • Antesol - really dry barbershop

The scents don't last long on any of these ones, with the top 2 (Balsamica and F/Extra) lasting the longest at around 2 hrs max for me.

Quote from somewhere else

"If you like peppermint, then go to Formula K. For summer. Probably is the strongest menthol of them, also with Agua de Limon.
If you like violet, then go to Formula C. Is delicious. I like it a lot, a lot.
If you like herbal scents, then go to Agua Balsamica (rosemary, lavander and thyme). Mediterranean countryside!!!
If you like old barbershop scents, then go to Antesol and Emulsion. Antesol is delicious. Emulsion is the brand flagship product. Both can be used as pre and post shave products.
If you like Floid, then go to F/EXTRA, a bit softer, but more classy. Excellent.
If you like Floid Blue or Aqua Velva, then go to Blue. It is better, more classy also.
If you lilke lemon, then go to Agua de Limon, but you must like lemon scent, certainly.
Plastic is strange, in my oppinion. I do not have a clear oppinion yet."

Wow @Korbz , I'm all for creativity and flair, but this colour choice. Oy vey!

....and I really need to try the Plastic.

Last edited:
Has anyone tried to refill a glass bottle from a plastic? I was planning on this, but it seems a little trickier than I imagined. How easy is it to take the stopper out?

BTW a new Myrsol scent -Myrsol Don Miguel 1919- was just announced a few days ago. It is based on a scent from the 1960's that Miguel never manufactured. It will be a jasmine scent. There will be the aftershave, a new cologne and even a shaving soap in this scent.
For details see Facebook.

13325584_1711998965706962_2448894353333918446_n.jpg

Niiiiice.

It's fine on desktop with the dark theme - I was trying to read it on tapatalk which (as far as I am aware) only has a light coloured theme.