Nato style watch straps

David7307

Iam looking at a new watch strap for my Seiko 5 auto , the strap has broken and i cant get a new bit for it any more , so looking at a strap for it, been looking at Nato style straps but there is a hell of a difference in prices, I am looking for well made one can any one recommend ,i have read some come glued some come stitched

Took quite a bit of stalking about 10 years back to land this beauty - A genuine Heuer Bundeswehr Chronograph with original strap. Movement is the Heuer VX230, a variant of the Valjoux 7750.

Took quite a bit of stalking about 10 years back to land this beauty - A genuine Heuer Bundeswehr Chronograph with original strap. Movement is the Heuer VX230, a variant of the Valjoux 7750.

Beautiful watch @TomG I gotta know, how’s the accuracy?

+- 5-7 sec per day. Pretty respectable for a field watch with a mechanical movement.
When Heuer got the ebauche from Valjoux, they didn't pretty it up like other high end watch houses, but made it tougher and more reliable, as befitting a military time piece.
When adjusted at the watchmakers (I often go along and observe - it is fascinating), it will be +- 3 se per day initially, then drift out ever so slowly over the following couple of years.

Here is a nice example of a Heuer Bundeswehr (not mine) on a NATO strap:

Iam looking at a new watch strap for my Seiko 5 auto , the strap has broken and i cant get a new bit for it any more , so looking at a strap for it, been looking at Nato style straps but there is a hell of a difference in prices, I am looking for well made one can any one recommend ,i have read some come glued some come stitched

My advice is get a cheapy off Fleabay or Aliexpress. I reckon $10-$15 is about right. The whole idea of these things is that they are cheap and tough. Just check the length if, like me, you have thick wrists.

Whats size are you after? My Seikos divers are 22mm but I'm pretty sure 5s are narrower. If it is 22mm I have an unused khaki NATO with gunmetal fittings. PM me if you want it.

VTmoZwCl.jpg
Got the monster on a grey NATO from Sydney straps