New addition!

Sorry I have been out of contact for the last few weeks. We have been in-and-out of hospital and haven't had a moment free.

However, I can now announce that at 1:30pm on Wednesday 27th of March 2019 a little man came into our lives.
Baby is doing wonderfully. He loves cuddling, sleeping, feeding and pooping. Which, for a baby, makes him just about perfect.
Mum is recovering after suffering complications. She is making progress and is expected to be discharged on the weekend.
Big sister is cautiously excited but says she isn't interested in changing nappies.

Weight: 3.61kg
Height: 50cm

a5dkNDbl.jpg

Love from our family to yours.
:love:

WOW Congratulations!!
Nice, healthy looking baby.

My baby girl had a single umbilical artery and even though she was full term, she was born slightly smaller at 2.99kg.

She is 27 days old now and overall she has been good but of course the night time feeds/nappy change has given us a good dose of sleep deprivation.

She was having severe colic a few days ago, I researched it and cut out certain foods from my wife's diet and also started a couple of homeopathic medicines (chamomilla 30 and mag phos 30, alternated before each feed). No more colic...Happy baby...Happy parents :)

Sorry I have been out of contact for the last few weeks. We have been in-and-out of hospital and haven't had a moment free.

However, I can now announce that at 1:30pm on Wednesday 27th of March 2019 a little man came into our lives.
Baby is doing wonderfully. He loves cuddling, sleeping, feeding and pooping. Which, for a baby, makes him just about perfect.
Mum is recovering after suffering complications. She is making progress and is expected to be discharged on the weekend.
Big sister is cautiously excited but says she isn't interested in changing nappies.

Weight: 3.61kg
Height: 50cm

a5dkNDbl.jpg

Love from our family to yours.
:love:
Congratulations @lerenau. Lots of love to the family & hope new bub and mum are doing well (y)

WOW Congratulations!!
Nice, healthy looking baby.

My baby girl had a single umbilical artery and even though she was full term, she was born slightly smaller at 2.99kg.

She is 27 days old now and overall she has been good but of course the night time feeds/nappy change has given us a good dose of sleep deprivation.

She was having severe colic a few days ago, I researched it and cut out certain foods from my wife's diet and also started a couple of homeopathic medicines (chamomilla 30 and mag phos 30, alternated before each feed). No more colic...Happy baby...Happy parents :)
Congratulations @nav1!

Having kids is crazy stressful, isn't it?
I *still* check that my daughter is breathing several times each night... And she just had her 5th birthday. I'll likely keep doing it until she moves-out; if I ever let her.

We've been home 2 days now. So far so good. We have a mid-wife coming over tomorrow to check on mum and bub.
If all goes well we then start regular GP checkups, scheduled vaccinations, baby swimming lessons, tiny-tot gymnastics, junior tennis, day care, and pre-school. And that's just the first couple of years... I need a drink... :nailbiting:

Send me a message if you ever want to discuss anything.

Congratulations @nav1!

Having kids is crazy stressful, isn't it?
I *still* check that my daughter is breathing several times each night... And she just had her 5th birthday. I'll likely keep doing it until she moves-out; if I ever let her.

We've been home 2 days now. So far so good. We have a mid-wife coming over tomorrow to check on mum and bub.
If all goes well we then start regular GP checkups, scheduled vaccinations, baby swimming lessons, tiny-tot gymnastics, junior tennis, day care, and pre-school. And that's just the first couple of years... I need a drink... :nailbiting:

Send me a message if you ever want to discuss anything.

Stressful...yup! Big time!
My wife had a cesarean and recovery is very slow so she can only feed baby, everything else is on me.

But it's an amazing experience and we are having so much fun!

Haha I find myself checking her breathing all the time :D

Thanks for the offer...I'll PM you if anything comes up :)

How did I miss this thread!
Congratulations mate :)