Canberra dwelling Happy Clapping Bean Counter
Staff member
Site Moderator
Grand Society
2016 Sabbatical Fail
2018 Charity Auction Winner
2019 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
My parents have returned from a trip to Tassie with a reasonable haul of razors for me.
LOTS of Techs of different types but also a Rocket, New Improved Bostonian and a mismatched thing in a Pocket Edition case.

On the way around they also stopped at a lavender farm that had some Shaving Soap that they had started producing. It is a Goat's Milk and Chamomile Shaving Soap with Lavender Cedar and Sandalwood. Their website doesn't list it so I think it is a little experimental.

If you are interested in trying it and are willing to do a review let me know. I'll find something to put samples in an shoot it out to you. First three responses get the samples.

I'm not connected with the supplier BTW - just keen like others to promote Aussie suppliers.

Cool - that is one. Two more available with the next challenge being me finding some containers!

PM me your address details

OK, all gone. PM me your address details guys and we will get it sorted when I find some containers!

Hey Drubbing, if we are both getting a sample, any objection to a single package to save for posting? I can drop off to you.

Hi all,

I really should think before I type!

I couldn't find any suitable container for these samples so I've ordered some cheap sample pots from eBay. When they arrived I'll get these out to you but it will probably not be until I get back from NYC.

My apologies!

Mark

You could just put them in a ziplock sanger back, doesn't have to be anything fancy.

No matter :) Enjoy NYC! Prob a bit warmer than ACT at the moment.

Drubbing and Jug have been sent to Drubbing.

Veteran will be in the mail tomorrow.

Let us know what you think!

So, any thoughts anybody?

So, any thoughts anybody?

Yes, sorry mate, been tunnel visioned on brushes.

I think it's good. Surprisingly good. Nice, different, natural smell. Shaves pretty good too. It won't knock off my faves, but it's not a dud by any means.

I have had a house full of guests the last ten days so I have forgotten to try it.

It smells good, I will try it tonight.

Yes, sorry mate, been tunnel visioned on brushes.

I think it's good. Surprisingly good. Nice, different, natural smell. Shaves pretty good too. It won't knock off my faves, but it's not a dud by any means.
That's high praise around here. Good to hear that something local might be decent enough to be proud of.

So after not shaving all weekend due to a pinched nerve in my neck - the Jagger 86 was too heavy to use lol - I had a shave this morning.

I used a new Treet blade and tried the soap that Mark kindly PIF'd me.

The label on the container says goats milk and chamomile. The scent reminded me of herbal tea, no doubt due to the chamomile.

I levered the nugget out of the little jar and face lathered with it. To be honest, it didn't lather as much as I anticipated, or have experienced with other soaps. The scent was nice and stayed on the skin after the first pass. The glide and slickness were there and it seemed a lovely scented boutique soap that I would probably pay for if spotted in a shop, but only if I knew it was locally made.

Performance was great - 7/10.
Scent - gorgeous and didn't dominate - 8/10.
Lather - 5/10 BUT I had trouble lathering this with a small nugget which suggests my technique may be lacking.

I would be interested in seeing other soaps from the maker of this one, I think the scent is great and it performed quite well.