New Brissie member

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome @Korbz (any reason for the user name?).

You sound like you're off and racing. Do you use any aftershave?

Welcome @Korbz (any reason for the user name?).

Online name that's just hung around for years. Started out as Corbin (as in Fifth Element - Corbin Dallas) got bastardised.

You sound like you're off and racing. Do you use any aftershave?

Got some Speick with my first order and I've ordered some Proraso Green. I do like the balms as well, and alternate between Proraso (aloe) and the Nivea Sensitive. Up till recently I just used the standard alcohol varieties (Jean Paul Gaultier, CK Eternity etc.) on my face with a balm.

Online name that's just hung around for years. Started out as Corbin (as in Fifth Element - Corbin Dallas) got bastardised.

Got some Speick with my first order and I've ordered some Proraso Green. I do like the balms as well, and alternate between Proraso (aloe) and the Nivea Sensitive. Up till recently I just used the standard alcohol varieties (Jean Paul Gaultier, CK Eternity etc.) on my face with a balm.
Oh, you will be corruptable... ahem, will appreciate our suggestions of equipment to try :)
Alpa Fougere, is a good one to begin with, yet order big, as it will take a while and come via sea freight :)
Alt Innsbruck
Pitralon
Ogallala Bay Rum range is a must try.

How old is your JPG bottle ?
They've reformulated it and the modern juice is nowhere near as nice as the original formula.

I thought there was something different about it. I just checked and it's the new formulation. Damn. Just had a look and found one vintage for $135 au. Can't justify it when that could mean so many new soaps, aftershaves, blades and an omega brush to try.

Hopefully will get my order of blades tomorrow. 100 of each Astra SP and 100 PSS. I haven't tried the PSS yet, but after reading the reviews, I'm sure I can trade them if I don't like them. Next on the blade order list (probably at chrissy) is a gillette sampler pack from connaught and a 10066 omega (unless @Drubbing suggests a different one). I'll need some aftershaves before then I reckon :)

I thought there was something different about it. I just checked and it's the new formulation. Damn. Just had a look and found one vintage for $135 au. Can't justify it when that could mean so many new soaps, aftershaves, blades and an omega brush to try.

Hopefully will get my order of blades tomorrow. 100 of each Astra SP and 100 PSS. I haven't tried the PSS yet, but after reading the reviews, I'm sure I can trade them if I don't like them. Next on the blade order list (probably at chrissy) is a gillette sampler pack from connaught and a 10066 omega (unless @Drubbing suggests a different one). I'll need some aftershaves before then I reckon :)
Polsilver SI are highly rated current production blades worth consideration.
DCC(Iforget the rest) on ebay is usually the cheapest and has an established reputation.
Mrysol and Floid are the two mainstays aftershave wise here, Thayers (iherb.com) and Ogallala Bay Rum (bayrum.com.au) hold reasonable audience too mind you and for good reason too.
Pfft Omega, so many Omega fanatics give Semogue a decent go and end up selling their Omega's, enough said!
Seriously 620 and 1305 are two highly rated Semogue's worth consideration.
@Anthony at shaverheave.com.au is well worth supporting, a product that not only holds it's own internationally, yet surpasses many and locally manufactured in Victoria.

This will aid in checking the dates of most commercial cosmetics.

one i've been using and would highly recommend is Shea Moisture Tea Tree AS & Bump Preventer. only place i know to get it is iherb but works really well as an aftershave/balm all in one kinda thing and doesn't have a bad smell too it aswell(missus comes and nuzzles at my neck quite often after fresh application)

oh and if ya think them DE's shave well ya really should try out a straight blade some time

come to the darkside

Positive - went through my stash today and found a bottle of JPG from 2008. Negative - about 15ml left lol

Polsilver SI are highly rated current production blades worth consideration
Yep, going to buy some Pol Si asap. Sorry if I confused, I meant Permasharp Super when I said I had some PSS on their way.

@Anthony at shaverheave.com.au is well worth supporting, a product that not only holds it's own internationally, yet surpasses many and locally manufactured in Victoria.
one i've been using and would highly recommend is Shea Moisture Tea Tree AS & Bump Preventer
Going to start a list of stuff I need to buy!

Positive - went through my stash today and found a bottle of JPG from 2008. Negative - about 15ml left lol

Yep, going to buy some Pol Si asap. Sorry if I confused, I meant Permasharp Super when I said I had some PSS on their way.

Going to start a list of stuff I need to buy!
Lucky you, you're able to do a review for us comparing the two :)

Yeah, figured that was the case and adding them as a suggested blade to try.

Excel spreadsheet might be easier :p

Welcome Korbs. I love the fifth element.

And you're right on the money - Shaver Heaven and B&M are the bomb.

Status
Not open for further replies.