New from Melbourne

SA940

Hi All, thanks for letting me join your group. I'm relatively new to shaving with a real razor (safety type). It came about by accident, laziness and good fortune. I happen to live in a house that has been in the family since the early 1890's (yes, its not a mistype). A few years ago I decided to lose the beard and go back to shaving. In the medicine cabinet was a safety razor, Wilkinson blades and some old Palmolive shaving soap. This had belonged to my Great Uncle I figured how hard can it be. So that started that. Through the years of cleaning I've put together all the straight razors into an old cigar box. These range in condition and I have about 20, but the missus says there are more around. So I've joined because I'd like help in restoring the ones that are worthwhile. The brands range from Bengall, Acme, Puma, Ern & Co and others.
Now some help please posting images
iGrGaT1K2jJL5jcF8

EYzLF94UYVKn42kn7

Last edited:
G'day @SA940 Welcome to P&C.

Welcome SA940 enjoy the forum there are definitely some well experienced straight razor users on here and 1/2 that can help with your restoration.

Welcome to the forums @SA940!
What soaps and aftershave products do you currently use? Anything besides the Palmolive you found?

Welcome. Love that big old Bengall,all the straights are cool but that one caught my eye.Most seem to be in pretty good nick.

Welcome @SA940!

An interesting ride to date!

Welcome to P&C @SA940 - great to have you here (y)