New here

Pjotr

Cultured Philistine
2016 Sabbatical
Hello folks

As I couldn't find somewhere to post this thread (i.e. an Introduce Yourself chapter or whatever) I decided to throw one in here. Live in WA. I also post on Badger and Blad under the same name so there you go. Have been wet shaving for decades but have only recently started doing it the traditional way again after a hiatus using cartridges and canned cream. Can't honestly say that what I'm doing now gives a better shave than cartridges but in view of the amount of time, effort and money I've thrown at it, I have to say in all dishonesty that it does. I much prefer the traditional equipment. Let's face it, cartridges are just plain ugly. Shave with a few old Gillettes (Long Handled Adjustable, Ball End Tech) an obscure British Open Comb (Souplex) and have just started flirting with SE razors.

Hoping to find some nice supplies of equipment and hope to be able to buy off and sell to some Australians and Kiwis and avoid the crazy postage prices and times having to wait for stuff to arrvive.

Cheers

Pjotr

Last edited:
Hello folks

As I couldn't find somewhere to post this thread (i.e. an Introduce Yourself chapter or whatever) I decided to throw one in here.

Welcome Pjotr! I haven't got a spot set up for the intros just yet, been busy beavering away in the back end so far. You should see some major changes later this week with a new skin online, and hopefully a decent-ish logo to go with it. It is still early days here at Paste & Cut.

As for buy/sell, it is coming in the next few weeks. I have a few things to put in place first. Also hoping that the local vendors come on board too.

[MENTION=4]Drubbing[/MENTION] and [MENTION=3]JugV2[/MENTION] are also WA boys, I am sure they will make themselves known over time.

Feel free to post some pictures of that Souplex in the DE Razor section.

Yeah, I know Pjotr, he's up the road from me. He has a much better username on an audio forum we take the piss out of each other on.

Didn't know he'd got into this til recently, and he's going the full hog on brush restorations. He loaned me the Wee Scot the other week, and that's what led to me getting a Simpson.

He's a bloody pain.

Well I was going to indicate in the registration form that it was Drubbiing, as a well known purveyor of seriously addictive internets sites, who introduced me to Paste & Cut. For some daft reason I thought he might not have registered himself. Yes, after having had the Badger and Blade link surruptitiously dropped in my inbox, in a very short time I've gone from recreational user to a full on, hard core, once a day, purist, traditional wet shaver. Wanting more and more and.... Sad, very sad. Stay clear of Drubbing is all I can say.

I'm sure you've got lots to do Razormonsta.

Cheers

Stay clear of Drubbing is all I can say.
My SBAD is all his fault. He posted pictures of Semogues and then suddenly my bank account was empty and a couple of weeks later these brushes turned up.

I agree, stay away from him. He's evil.

Hi Pjotr.

Welcome to the party.

I'm JugV2, I live in Midvale and I am an addict.

Welcome to the forum anyhoo :)

Thanks JugV2 I'm in Doubleview. Sounds a bit like an AA meeting where we all have a group hug and tell each other how good we were last week only spending half the family budget on shaving brushes. I do it because I love getting things in the mail I've decided. I'm addicted to the mail man and my letter box.

Thanks JugV2 I'm in Doubleview. Sounds a bit like an AA meeting where we all have a group hug and tell each other how good we were last week only spending half the family budget on shaving brushes. I do it because I love getting things in the mail I've decided. I'm addicted to the mail man and my letter box.
Me too! He kinda knows me by sight/name now.
Welcome!
No. That would be silly. You buy 4000.
lol

Good to see it wasn't real forum drama I was reading in other sections between the two perth guys. I'm in WA too, and most people would know me if they ever posted in ocau, wp or B&B. I don't want to bother with those places anymore though, sick of them and not enough time. So here, SA.com and my trade related forum it will be for me.