New Karve has arrived.

First #D plate shave today.
Nice and smooth. Shave is very similar to the #C plate.
I think that if anyone was considering a Karve that it would maybe be better to get plates two apart from each other (ie. a #C and #E plates, or #B and #D plates).
Strangely, I found the #C plate to give a slightly closer shave than the #D plate.
May just be a difference in the GSB blades (both were new).
I'll know in a few weeks time when I've had more shaves to allow a better comparison.
The main thing about all this is that I have found what I wanted. A razor that sits between the Timeless OC .68 and OC .95.
This, however, will not stop me waiting impatiently for the Wolfman WR2.

I ordered the OC 1.15
May drop to the 1.05 when final decision is made, but the WR2 seems to be smooth at larger gaps (going by owners remarks on 'other' forums).
I like OC razors generally, but changed the Karve order to SB as I thought the Karve OC design looks a tad clunky.

Seems like I'm not the only one who has ordered a karve and received nil communication. Just a simple order despatched notification would be a start.

First #D plate shave today.
Nice and smooth. Shave is very similar to the #C plate.
I think that if anyone was considering a Karve that it would maybe be better to get plates two apart from each other (ie. a #C and #E plates, or #B and #D plates).
Strangely, I found the #C plate to give a slightly closer shave than the #D plate.
May just be a difference in the GSB blades (both were new).
I'll know in a few weeks time when I've had more shaves to allow a better comparison.
The main thing about all this is that I have found what I wanted. A razor that sits between the Timeless OC .68 and OC .95.
This, however, will not stop me waiting impatiently for the Wolfman WR2.

good to hear you found your razor!!

Seems like I'm not the only one who has ordered a karve and received nil communication. Just a simple order despatched notification would be a start.

Yep, seems to be the norm with them. As soon as its shipped they send you an update email, but other than that, dont expect anything. There are some pretty major threads on the topic on some of the other shave forums around the globe.

Update, received an email that it's been sent. We wait patiently.
Yep same here, some better communication is desperately needed... just an automated thing to advise realistic processing times.. so far I’m not wildly thrilled.

Yes, the Wolfman has yet to knock on my door...probably 2 or 3 weeks away yet.
The Karve? Well it is OK.
Not WOW! But certainly OK.
It's smooth. I am using the #D SB base all the time now. This shaves just a tad closer than the Timeless .68 OC (I found the #C plate to be 'about' the same shave as the Timeless).
The Timeless wins for stunning good looks (well, it suits me really doesn't it?).
The Karve wins for all the extra plates you can play with to find your ultimate happy place.
Today I shaved first with the Timeless and a Tiger blade, then finished off with the Karve and a Winner blade.
Now that was a WOW shave. I don't usually shave twice. One good pass and out the door sort of thing normally.
But today I thought I would just have a play with razors, blades, etc...you all know the story because you have done it too.
I have an idea about polishing the Karve to match the Timeless. All the polishing pads, tools, pastes, etc are here in my workshop.
I just need to get started on it. Busy packing up as we are selling our house and moving to a 'lifestyle' village.
Going here...
https://www.oliveestate.co.nz/living/
Wish me luck...might be a few dozen young 50 year old women there lusting after a well dressed and clean shaven fella.

No, I have sold the still...used the money to buy the Wolfman. Now that is dedication to wet shaving isn't it?
Yes, it should be OK. There's some old info on that web site as the Gym, Movie theatre, indoor heated pool, etc are all up and running.
It 'sort of' makes sense as we get older to have that security for when one of us kicks the bucket. I was OK here, but Missus was getting worried about getting older and frail (geez, we are only early 70's...not like we are old or something is it?).