New Karve inbound

Blackie

The guy from over the ditch
Well, I paid the invoice today so the razor can't be far away.
Stainless steel, #C and #D OC plates, plus a stand.
Then I only have the Wolfman to wait for.
Will be interesting to see if the Karve lives up to it's reputation.
The OC plates may not be as smooth as the SB, but won't know until I try it.
At least there seems to be a readily available amount of plates either new or through various forum BST's.
Plus...my new 'The Gentlemen's Quarter' soaps arrived today (plus some more samples).
I'll be having fun for some time now.

Well, I paid the invoice today so the razor can't be far away.

Dont bank on it.....

Paid my invoice 10 Sept.......heard nothing for a while so emailed them earlier this week just to check on progress....no reply. Wasn't too stressed, I'm sure it will be worth the wait.

Then....

Got my shipping email this morning......... so you could be looking at around 2 weeks to dispatch and then however long it takes to ship from Canada (plus whatever delays Ausfarce or equivalent manage to add once it arrives in country).

Hi @no47 Yeah, I figured a wait of a couple of weeks after payment of invoice.
I've read that on some other forums about the delay. Some guys grizzle about it..."He takes my money, and then I don't get my razor right away" sort of thing.
Not a problem, but thanks for saying about your experience.
I'm sure we will both get our razors.
What are you getting? Plates? Handle? etc?

@Blackie - Ive opted for the stainless daily shaver kit. Straight bar B, C and D plates, 3.5" Argyle handle.

I know the threads you are referring too....a lot of unhappy people. Im in no rush...it'll arrive when it arrives, and Ive yet to hear a bad thing about a Karve razor so it should be worth the wait.

can you all please stop talking about dam karves.. i dont need anymore dam seeds planted!!!!
Ha Ha...I was going to push the 'Like' button a few times for this comment, but it only works once.
You know we are a bunch of enablers though. Why do you punish yourself so much? You must yield to the Force.

can you all please stop talking about dam karves.. i dont need anymore dam seeds planted!!!!
I loved my sexy Karve, I’m so glad I’ve got two sets in Brass and Stainless Steel both razors are real keepers for life in my den.

TdBmist.gif

images

images

pPQa2FV.jpg

UUrgC4d.gif

D2StxH9.gif

bnGRaVU.gif

I have no issues with waiting...I also have no issues with paying a deposit...but once I pay the full amount I expect shipping notifications in under 72h unless prior communications...

@StratMan We could start talking about other new razors just sitting there waiting to entice you into the web:
Paradigm Diamondback, don’t know what the hold up is with that one
Haircut & Shave No75 Stainless, so well made and polished to near perfection
Smart Helix have their new Apollo Light on pre order
Carbon, I just wish they hadn’t off loaded a crap one on me
Charcoal Goods new Gen 2
Stirling, soon to make an appearance
How about the collaboration between Rocnel and Asylum on a new SE
or the new General SE

Come on, a little bit of research will have you begging for more razors in the den.

@StratMan We could start talking about other new razors just sitting there waiting to entice you into the web:
Paradigm Diamondback, don’t know what the hold up is with that one
Haircut & Shave No75 Stainless, so well made and polished to near perfection
Smart Helix have their new Apollo Light on pre order
Carbon, I just wish they hadn’t off loaded a crap one on me
Charcoal Goods new Gen 2
Stirling, soon to make an appearance
How about the collaboration between Rocnel and Asylum on a new SE
or the new General SE

Come on, a little bit of research will have you begging for more razors in the den.
Keep on ignoring @StratMan Robin of Locksley, keep poking him with your arrows.

I had a change of mind last night and have changed my Karve to SB plates.
Still getting the #C and #D plates but SB version now (not OC).
As I'm getting older and my skin changes there appears to be 'something' that looks suspiciously like wrinkles!!!!
I'm liking my SB razors a bit more now, so changed the Karve order.
Karve are OK with this...which shows that they do indeed take your money first, and then they start to make your razor.
My Wolfman order is for OC as well.
Will think about that too.
May drop back to SB 1.05 (maybe).

I had a change of mind last night and have changed my Karve to SB plates.
Still getting the #C and #D plates but SB version now (not OC).
As I'm getting older and my skin changes there appears to be 'something' that looks suspiciously like wrinkles!!!!
I'm liking my SB razors a bit more now, so changed the Karve order.
Karve are OK with this...which shows that they do indeed take your money first, and then they start to make your razor.
My Wolfman order is for OC as well.
Will think about that too.
May drop back to SB 1.05 (maybe).
What matter Horse, not getting any younger and tougher old fart. Wallace’s would be very please to see you stood down as King of the cat land and his bloody farm land, I’ll bet Wallace’s still has plenty of strength left to keep throwing his gumboot at you.

Remember your good old days Horse.

images

Or he’s swapping your OC plates with another order. Getting SB might speed yours up!

Im getting an open C delivered next week along with an SB D which I had a mate add to his order for me. I’m really looking forward to the OC C. All reports seem to say it’s a perfect daily driver as to me, the OC D brass is only suitable to more than 2 days growth.