New member from Perth

Tony1966

Just wanting to say hello to everyone.
Have been using a safety razor for just on six months now and so glad I gave my Braun the flick.
Have an Edwin Jagger de89 which I have been using with astras and the occasional feathers.
I usually only use two soaps which are Proraso green and Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood.
My brush is a cheap synthetic.
My next objective will be to purchase a more aggressive razor (I have a think wiry beard that grows like a wildfire) and get a better brush.
Would love to here from members on what razor they think I should purchase next.
I think my brush purchase will be a Omega Boar.
Cheers
Tony

Welcome @Tony1966 . Lots of enablers on this forum to help you out. :)

Welcome @Tony1966

Hey, you wouldn't be a "L" date code too would you? What quarter?

Welcome @Tony1966. May I suggest a Fendrihan Mk II all stainless steel razor. It’s made in China but delivers a smooth shave, about mid aggression and won’t break the bank. Search Fendrihan Razors.

Last edited:
Welcome to P&C @Tony1966 - great to have you here (y)

Welcome @Tony1966
Yeah we’ll get you all sorted with plenty of soap and razors, and a brush or 5!
Decent options would be:
  • Karve (choice of plate or plates)
  • Rockwell 6S/C
  • Razorock Game changer
*clears throat*

• Wolfman WR2

Welcome @Tony1966
Yeah we’ll get you all sorted with plenty of soap and razors, and a brush or 5!
Decent options would be:
  • Karve (choice of plate or plates)
  • Rockwell 6S/C
  • Razorock Game changer
*clears throat*

• Wolfman WR2

Wow I looked up that Wolfman, they’re over $500 and real hard to get.
The Karve does look nice.
I might just go on a spending spree.
I’ve been really conservative with money lately, time to enjoy life a little, not getting any younger. My wife seems to spend her fair share.

Last edited:
If you put your name down on the current Wolfman wait list, you might get one in 1 year...probably even longer. It doesn't cost you anything to put your name down and you can cancel at any time, again free of charge.

Once it's your turn, you can change your order or cancel - there is absolutely no downside in joining the list so what are you waiting for :D :D :D

I'd definitely go along to one of the next Perth meetups and ask members to bring gear you might be interested in. That way you might get a better idea, want you want to buy...I'd highly recommend taking a look at some of @TomG razors and brushes ;)

Wow I looked up that Wolfman, they’re over $500 and real hard to get.
The Karve does look nice.
I might just go on a spending spree.
I’ve been really conservative with money lately, time to enjoy life a little, not getting any younger. My wife seems to spend her fair share.

Common, common, common, those Wolfman.

What you REALLY need is a NOS vintage Gillette Slim Aristocrat L4 - made at the same time as you!

1966-l4-gillette-slim-aristocrat_1_3f4a3136a3dbb65e67368235ca0f066b.jpg