New QShave 'Parthenon' adjustable looks neat.

LtMUo0e.gif

It's still $50. I'd cry a little if I lost that. Hasn't got great reviews and they had to redesign the head as the slots didn't clear lather and it clogged up too easily.

That's weird...I'm sure the price was cheaper before.
But, as you say it's now showing $50 (ish).
OK, as you were...ignore original post...it's not so cheap!
I've been 'shopping' on Ali a lot lately, so maybe my browser cache was a tad stuffed up.
But, 'IF' it shaved OK I'd be happy with it for my truck travel razor. (Gillette Slim Twist doing that duty at present).

I've got one. Yes it does clog up a little faster than most razors and there's nothing particularly inspiring about the shaves, BUT.....for $50 it's a decent adjustable.
Has nice heft, the fit and finish seems to be of a good standard and there's nothing really to complain about with the shave, although taking the adjustment past ~5 will result in a pretty rough face feel.

IF anyone was interested, I'm likely looking to move mine on soon. It was meant to be a short-term thing until my Model T arrived, but that train wreck has just dragged on and on, so the Parthenon has been my shaver for over 6 months now. With the T expected (hopefully) next month (*rolls eyes*), I'll either wait for it or maybe try a Karve or Game Changer in the immediate future.

I've got one. Yes it does clog up a little faster than most razors and there's nothing particularly inspiring about the shaves, BUT.....for $50 it's a decent adjustable.
Has nice heft, the fit and finish seems to be of a good standard and there's nothing really to complain about with the shave, although taking the adjustment past ~5 will result in a pretty rough face feel.

IF anyone was interested, I'm likely looking to move mine on soon.
giphy.gif

Just out of curiosity: how much is a Progress these days - a well established and by many regarded as fantastic razor?

Sometimes I don't understand, why we need something new just for the sake of it...

Strangely, when I first saw the ad on Ali it was $12NZ (ish).
Only when I looked later it was $50 (ish).
At $12 I thought it was a Baili or Weishi, etc.
No, I won't buy one (and I need the $$ for more Timeless goodies anyway).

They always do that. The cheap price is click bait but when you add to cart it reveals that's the stand price. The lowest price is never the item itself. Same listing practice goes for other qshave products.

Standard AliExpress and even eBay page set-up. If there's multiple options, it shows a price range. Once you select the option, it fixes the price.

It is, but I couldn't see any newer info on that razor here so figured I'd post it in case anyone was put off but the initial release but might want to take a second look now. :)