New Safety Razor: Timeless Razors

filobiblic

Facepeeler Extraordinare
State Convenor - NSW
Group Buy Caporegime
2017 Sabbatical Fail
2016 Sabbatical Fail
2015 Sabbatical Fail
RUMyNUE1NUEwQzVBMEM4RjcyOTU6ZjQyYTQ5ODlmODU4ZjQwY2YwZjE1ZjFjMzFiZWNmZTg6Ojo6OjA=

RUMyNUE1NUEwQzVBMEM4RjcyOTU6OGE2ZTk0MmM5YzQ5ZDZmMjIzMWE1ZTRlNjRlYzQ4MzA6Ojo6OjA=

Another high end machines stainless steel razor artisan starts up. Timeless razors is US based. Prices for their razors start at US$185 and move up.

RUMyNUE1NUEwQzVBMEM4RjcyOTU6MTc2Yzk1YjU3YzczMDgzYjY5NGMwNTFmYTY0MGM3YTI6Ojo6OjA=

Timeless razor, the 100% solid stainless steel, CNC machined, double edge comb safety razor. All 3 pieces of this comb safety razor is solid 304 Stainless Steel.

I really like their (double) open comb razor.
RUMyNUE1NUEwQzVBMEM4RjcyOTU6MmYzZmVlYzBhMmQ3MGY4NTM1ZjdmZDZmZDI1MGU3Y2M6Ojo6OjA=

Looking forward to your initial impressions. Certainly very handsome looking razors.
I didn't get one at all. The thread tagged itself "Review".

Very good looking razors , but some how I am more drawn towards wolfman razors.
Agree - the OC does look nice, but OC's never agreed with me and so I am not going to risk it. The design of the SB looks a bit chunky for my taste...

Great to have another razor maker - competition is certainly great!

Last edited by a moderator:
How did the razor perform ?

I don't think anyone here purchased one (I could be wrong). I was simply highlighting its existence.

(The "Review" tag was a mistake that I couldn't take off.)

MOD NOTE: Fixed now :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think anyone here buy one (I could be wrong). I was simply highlighting its existence.

(The "Review" tag was a mistake that I could take off.)

I'm looking at a fixed position DE to use in addition to my Progress, I was hoping you had used one and could describe the aggression (or lack of it) with this particular razor :)

I don't think anyone here buy one (I could be wrong). I was simply highlighting its existence.

(The "Review" tag was a mistake that I could take off.)

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm... yeah...... I doubt my wrinkly old face could justify a $185 razor! I'll have to settle for the Lord, Merkur and the half-dozen vintage Gillettes I now already have! They are more than adequate for an old fart like me! I have decided to spend more on a flash new brush (undecided ATM on which one) and better-class blades that actually do the shaving. Also, I won't be living long enough to warrant buying a razor made in 304 SS!

I'm looking at a fixed position DE to use in addition to my Progress, I was hoping you had used one and could describe the aggression (or lack of it) with this particular razor :)

What are you looking for in a razor? Maybe I can help...

What are you looking for in a razor? Maybe I can help...

I am after a mid aggressive shave, not face searing but not mild. I run with a 2 pass shave most mornings, WTG and XTG and I'd like to go with something that lets me keep this routine but keeps things interesting. I am very happy with my progress and the way it performs, but I'm after a little variety.

I have been tossing up the Above the tie Atlas R1 at the moment (now that Stray Whisker is stocking them!!), I am after a mid aggressive razor of a fixed position. I also like the Feather AS-D2 razor as it's a beautiful looking piece, particularly with it's stand although from my reading it is often described as a fairly mild razor. They also do a wood model of the feather with a black base plate which is a nice looking piece of kit.

Any opinions, suggestions always welcome

The Standard with a feather blade in it can be a very efficient razor at a reasonable price. It is my daily driver and most mornings I get near BBS with two passes and a touch up.

The Standard with a feather blade in it can be a very efficient razor at a reasonable price. It is my daily driver and most mornings I get near BBS with two passes and a touch up.

Do you know of any stockists (that have it in stock) with the razor and stand package ?

I'm going to go with an above the tie Colossus R1 through Con at the Stray Whisker who now stocks a nice range of ATT including the 5 and 7 piece sets, I need a razor with a nice bit of length in the handle as I have big, clumsy hands.

Many thanks for all your suggestions and advice here too, some excellent tips and certainly more options if I decide to buy another DE.