New tragic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome @tullfan !

Rustic Shave Soaps are proudly MADE IN AMERICA according to the WSP website - but we will not hold that against you :)

Enjoy this little neck of the woods and don't forget - every real man NEEDS at least three lifetimes of everything shaving related.

Thanks for that,I may take the plunge,I am currently favouring the low scent,unscented soaps as I try to isolate any allergens.
What great timing! @Anthony from Shaver Heaven just released an Unscented shaving soap... Same terrific performance, but without any scent. [emoji6]

Thanks Alfredus,I have been experimenting with the various blades I got in starter packs,and like Treets,not impressed by Persona but last week I tried Feather,it took a while to sum up the courage,but after a few nicks,I think my shaving is improving,as I

Welcome @tullfan !

Rustic Shave Soaps are proudly MADE IN AMERICA according to the WSP website - but we will not hold that against you :)

Enjoy this little neck of the woods and don't forget - every real man NEEDS at least three lifetimes of everything shaving related.

Hi Mark,yes Rustic is made in the U S A (queue music),however lets just keep that between ourselves

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Alfredus,I will again try with the answer as the previous answer appears to have vanished in the ether.

Short answer Treet blades (orange) seem good,blue Persona,ok but Feathers are great if treated with respect,but I found they improved my technique as it was a case of learn or bleed.
My current brushes are Muhle synthetic 31 k 257 and Plisson,a bargain at $50,both have pros and cons like everything in life.
I know that you have taken receipt of a new brush,when experience and talent justify it I may branch out into the world of the artisan brush,my wife seems to think this illness is amusing,but she actually takes an interes.
Cheers

Welcome @tullfan! My wife takes an interest in my shaving as well, only because it is the one area in the bathroom where I have more nicknacks than she does.

Everything else in there is shampoos, scented soaps, hairdryers, curling irons, and other stuff of nightmares, and one set of disposable lady-shavers with the soap surround (named after a close-by planet).

She won't even touch the straight razor, as she has seen just how sharp it really is! At least I know that where I put it, is where I will find it next time.

Anyway, a great source of information, inspiration and all manner of kit can be located here, or through here.

Welcome.

Hi Alfredus,I will again try with the answer as the previous answer appears to have vanished in the ether.

Short answer Treet blades (orange) seem good,blue Persona,ok but Feathers are great if treated with respect,but I found they improved my technique as it was a case of learn or bleed.
My current brushes are Muhle synthetic 31 k 257 and Plisson,a bargain at $50,both have pros and cons like everything in life.
I know that you have taken receipt of a new brush,when experience and talent justify it I may branch out into the world of the artisan brush,my wife seems to think this illness is amusing,but she actually takes an interes.
Cheers
Welcome @tullfan! My wife takes an interest in my shaving as well, only because it is the one area in the bathroom where I have more nicknacks than she does.

Everything else in there is shampoos, scented soaps, hairdryers, curling irons, and other stuff of nightmares, and one set of disposable lady-shavers with the soap surround (named after a close-by planet).

She won't even touch the straight razor, as she has seen just how sharp it really is! At least I know that where I put it, is where I will find it next time.

Anyway, a great source of information, inspiration and all manner of kit can be located here, or through here.

Welcome.

Welcome.
Hi and thanks Arnold,it seems like you have a pseudo man cave,take what you can,I know because I only have daughters

Status
Not open for further replies.