No longer NEW but now OLD Kickstarter from Rockwell - Model T Adjustable

Another thing I forgot to mention is that the stand with the Model-T match up really well one another, it just fits so perfectly which is in stark contrast to the 6S. The 6S wobbled around too much for my liking and it wasn't due the stand at all, it was the design of the razor handle itself. The stands appear to be identical in dimensions.
It had to be said! lol just one of those things that make me feel very happy when the fit is so perfect.

It's real. Like, really really real.
Sadly, I have some (minor) QC issues which I am awaiting a response to.
Doors don't close perfectly even and there looks to be some blemishes in the brushed chrome finish on one of the doors.

However, it looks great, feels great and the open/close & adjustment movements are very nice and smooth. Does take at least 7 turns to open/close though, which is double every other TTO I've used!!

It's real. Like, really really real.
Sadly, I have some (minor) QC issues which I am awaiting a response to.
Doors don't close perfectly even and there looks to be some blemishes in the brushed chrome finish on one of the doors.

However, it looks great, feels great and the open/close & adjustment movements are very nice and smooth. Does take at least 7 turns to open/close though, which is double every other TTO I've used!!

Do you mean the doors don't close evenly while you're closing them or they are uneven once closed?

Wow! I'm sorry I am late to the party here but I can echo your concerns as I had the same problems with my first one. Rest assured that they will send you another one without any issue, so email them right away and present them with the pictures and explain to them the issues. I am fairly certain they felt you to remove the bottom cap and rotate T bar 180 degrees but it may likely fail to fix the problem. btw I didn't a suitable screw to remove the bottom cap to access the bottom screw inside so I just straightened a paper clip, placed it inside the hole and angled the the paper clip and pulled up, another frightening and less safe way would be to stick he straw of a can of compressed air and spraying it. lol blunders under pressure? haha!
It took me two emails to receive a replacement (you could bypass that by attempting the T bar rotation just for arguments sake and inf them you tried it once that fails to fix the problem thus saving you an additional email) They told me they would let me know when they ship another but they didn't and it just arrived one day to my surprise as it was quite quick.

I took several pics which looked similar yours from the side in regards to the doors. One of my doors was also floppy and out of sync and kinda overlapping. The second one closes well but there is a tiny gap between the two doors even when its fully closed. Oddly when I loosen it the doors meet and touch perfectly but they are floppy. Worst problem I now have is the chrome run off causing somewhat of a variable shave feel on one side.
It's a shame that these razors are suffering control issues. Rockwell must be losing a bundle on these. :/

Its fair to say that replacement razors are also causing additional delays for others waiting but at the same time I wish Rockwell would improve their quality control especially since I had personally (and probably many others prior) warned them of such issues and yet they are still present.

I'd love to read any follow ups on this and anyone else experiences with the razor.

You're spot on - they replied with that exact suggested 'fix'....which I did last night (surprisingly easy to do), however the issue remains.
So I have emailed to let them know it didn't fix the door alignment and now hoping they respond with a 'we will send you a replacement ASAP'.
Wait and see.

It's a shame, as you say, because if they doors were fine (and perhaps there wasn't any coating blobs) it would be a VERY nice razor indeed.

My gunmetal model T is finally on its way to me :)

I also took the opportunity to add a 5/6 plate for my 6S as I had traded mine a long time ago but want it back. I paid for the plate only and no additional shipping.

You're spot on - they replied with that exact suggested 'fix'....which I did last night (surprisingly easy to do), however the issue remains.
So I have emailed to let them know it didn't fix the door alignment and now hoping they respond with a 'we will send you a replacement ASAP'.
Wait and see.

It's a shame, as you say, because if they doors were fine (and perhaps there wasn't any coating blobs) it would be a VERY nice razor indeed.

Ah damn it! If I had been a little bit faster I could have saved you the drama but I guess this its the outcome that matters in the end and I sincerely hope they send you a replacement razor. I'm curious did the little black outer box have a yellow sticker next to the barcode on yours because on my second one there was a little blue sticker instead. I guess it could signify batch runs or something.

Your Model-T sounds like my first one. My first one also had an issue of not opening up evenly on both sides, one door was just semi opened giving it an overall slanted and warped look.
I can't help but feel that if they had gone with their initial goal of brass then none of this would have been an issue.

My gunmetal model T is finally on its way to me :)

I also took the opportunity to add a 5/6 plate for my 6S as I had traded mine a long time ago but want it back. I paid for the plate only and no additional shipping.

Haha, there is something so liberating about getting something you ordered years ago.
I hope you receive a perfectly great razor and you enjoy it. (y)

PaulH Rockwell Model-T unboxing and review.

I have to admit I haven't been using my Model-T for the past 3-4 shaves as I have had a few other razors come in that I was eager to test, unfortunately I got stuck on the one razor. I guess I am a little sour about that issue I have with the one side being a little more aggressive and chattery than the other.

I may have to mention it to Rockwell's support team and see what can be done but honestly I feel a bit nervous and terrible about having to contact them again and don't really like my chances about getting another replacement razor anytime soon but who knows, Rockwell have been extremely good about it in the past and from what I have seen they have been accepting of all the feedback they have been given taken it in their stride.

I'm curious did the little black outer box have a yellow sticker next to the barcode on yours because on my second one there was a little blue sticker instead. I guess it could signify batch runs or something.

No sticker at all on/next to the barcode sticker on my black box.

Haha, there is something so liberating about getting something you ordered years ago.
I hope you receive a perfectly great razor and you enjoy it. (y)

Thanks!
It has been a long wait but not 3 years for me.
I cancelled my original backing a long time ago but then I got in again as a pre-order (after Kickstarter ended). So only about a 15 month wait for me haha

No sticker at all on/next to the barcode sticker on my black box.

Interesting my first one had a yellow one and then a blue, I also noticed the bone on the YouTube review above had a blue sticker. It could all be nothing so I wouldn't worry about it. You should be hearing from Rockwell soon. They're usually pretty quick to reply.

Thanks!
It has been a long wait but not 3 years for me.
I cancelled my original backing a long time ago but then I got in again as a pre-order (after Kickstarter ended). So only about a 15 month wait for me haha

Wow that's quite the ordeal though. I can't help but feel for anyone on the wait list regardlessly.
It's funny how so much has happened in the world since that razor was announced. I myself was in a different headspace and more financially sound at that time. I remember jumping on that razor without a care in the world. A modern stainless steel and brass adjustable razor being manufactured back then was exciting and now it seems like everyone is making one. Even the chinese company's are producing adjustable razors now some even in brass (weishi).

The only good thing about the long wait is that buyers remorse is basically non existent now since it was so long ago and you gotta figure in that at least you didn't have to pay for that dumb online tax. (Thanks garbage government, it did exactly zero for small businesses btw)

Interesting my first one had a yellow one and then a blue, I also noticed the bone on the YouTube review above had a blue sticker. It could all be nothing so I wouldn't worry about it. You should be hearing from Rockwell soon. They're usually pretty quick to reply.

Wow that's quite the ordeal though. I can't help but feel for anyone on the wait list regardlessly.
It's funny how so much has happened in the world since that razor was announced. I myself was in a different headspace and more financially sound at that time. I remember jumping on that razor without a care in the world. A modern stainless steel and brass adjustable razor being manufactured back then was exciting and now it seems like everyone is making one. Even the chinese company's are producing adjustable razors now some even in brass (weishi).

The only good thing about the long wait is that buyers remorse is basically non existent now since it was so long ago and you gotta figure in that at least you didn't have to pay for that dumb online tax. (Thanks garbage government, it did exactly zero for small businesses btw)

Yeah, adjustable are all the rage now.
I wasn't going to get the model t originally as I'm happy with my progress, and that's enough for an on-the-fly adjustable razor. Otherwise I'm extremely happy with my 6S, 6C and Karve.

But given how much I love both my Rockwell razors,I really couldn't pass up on the model t.

Now fingers are tightly crossed!

Yeah, adjustable are all the rage now.
I wasn't going to get the model t originally as I'm happy with my progress, and that's enough for an on-the-fly adjustable razor. Otherwise I'm extremely happy with my 6S, 6C and Karve.

But given how much I love both my Rockwell razors,I really couldn't pass up on the model t.

Now fingers are tightly crossed!

They definitely are. I have a few different adjustable razors of sorts coming soon.
Yeah I think you and I had the same idea going into it. The progress is a really nice razor so I can understand that. I think my third razor was a Merkur futur, it was my first adjustable razor and probably up there with one of my worst razors. I believe I paid $125+ for it at the time. I should have gone with the progress. I love the Rockwell 6S (hate the coating, dislike the stand fitment) and have considered the 6c but it looks like my 6S has fallen out of favour for the Razorock Game Changer .84P but its a damn fine razor.

Nice choice on the Karve, they look like a sweet glide. The stand also looks very well thought out too with the plastic sleeve inside. Another good choice there too nav1. The price is very good too imo.

The Model-T is a neat little razor but the quality control just isn't there in comparison to the 6S if you ask me and not up to the standards that Rockwell put forward in the past. I cut them some slack because they aren't yet commercial production razors but its still a worry. There are so many happy customers already though so maybe ~Spyne~ and I are the unlucky few here.

Last edited: