No longer NEW but now OLD Kickstarter from Rockwell - Model T Adjustable

With the razor itself I do. It shaves nicely to me and is one of the few razors that doesn't scar me when I put a feather blade in it.

Unfortunately I think Rockwell have shot themselves in the foot with the (my view) debacle that was the Model T.

I was lucky and mine arrived in good nick and also seems a nice razor (albeit more than a year after ordering and being told it would arrive within the month). But the continual promises and broken promises, many under the guise of improving quality, when we have obviously seen some lapses in said quality, means that I will not consider purchasing anything Rockwell related again. Call it PTSD if you want - the whole purchasing experience has been so poor, that I will just turn tail and run if another model comes up.

I’m yet to receive mine. Seems to be getting on to the three year mark now since I put my money down. I emailed them only a couple of weeks ago to ask where mine was. They are working through the brushed chrome models now and I could have mine in as early as 3-4 weeks. It’s just as well I haven’t got the Model T scheduled for a review any time soon. I seem to remember saying something like that about 12 months ago when I posted the Adjustable review.

Well it’s partially my fault in that it slid into a plastic sink full of water.. while a minor fall for any razor (it was 100% in contact with the sink the entire time) but... well I don’t know....I guess it was too much for it.
I emailed rockwell and they are sending me another set of doors which is a good thing I guess but the blade gap is still uneven and really it’s just not a particularly good razor.
I prefer the fantastic Parker mark gave me to celebrate the birth of my son (can u believe it’s been a year!) or the fat boy my work mate gave to me after his dad found it in a bucket... covered in green.

Last edited:
Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhooooooooooo. Mine arrived today after a three year wait.
giphy.gif

I hope yours has better fit & finish than mine.
While acceptable and probably within tolerances, after a 3 year wait I was being very picky on first inspection and Rockwell decided to send out a new T-bar assembly.
Sadly, that was FAR worse than the original.

I shaved with the original T-bar assembly installed and while the shave was perfectly adequate, I prefer the 'feel' of my Fatboy. SO now my Model T sits in its box, waiting for someone to buy it.

hint, hint, nudge, nudge anyone...

I hope yours has better fit & finish than mine.
While acceptable and probably within tolerances, after a 3 year wait I was being very picky on first inspection and Rockwell decided to send out a new T-bar assembly.
Sadly, that was FAR worse than the original.

I shaved with the original T-bar assembly installed and while the shave was perfectly adequate, I prefer the 'feel' of my Fatboy. SO now my Model T sits in its box, waiting for someone to buy it.

hint, hint, nudge, nudge anyone...
If @Errol model T turns out to be a peanut, I’ve sold my model T, because of the top head was too fat and almost too round very difficult to get under my hook alike nose

If @Errol model T turns out to be a peanut, I’ve sold my model T, because of the top head was too fat and almost too round very difficult to get under my hook alike nose
Set it to 6 and slice the bugger off then @SpeedyPC!!

I jumped out around June and got my refund (a little more with the declining $$ rate actually)

This is a question for those that have both the Rex and the Rockwell T. How do they compare to each other?

This is a question for those that have both the Rex and the Rockwell T. How do they compare to each other?
Fit finish and quality goes to the Rex by a long way. The T just didn’t feel balanced to me (one side feels slightly different to the other). Able to get a good shave, but not enjoyable. Rex on 2.5 or less was a good shave. Given the choice would go the Rex any day.

Fit finish and quality goes to the Rex by a long way. The T just didn’t feel balanced to me (one side feels slightly different to the other). Able to get a good shave, but not enjoyable. Rex on 2.5 or less was a good shave. Given the choice would go the Rex any day.
I’ll skip the Rockwell T then since I already have the Rex. Especially if the T is not even as good. Thanks for the input Korbz.

Hello all,

What are people's opions for a good razor blade Pairing for the model T?

I have way too many de blades and would like to narrow down the R&D time finding what works best.

Also what base setting is good to start on. I normally use mid aggresive razors. Sharp blades are not an issue .

Thanks.

Hello all,

What are people's opions for a good razor blade Pairing for the model T?

I have way too many de blades and would like to narrow down the R&D time finding what works best.

Also what base setting is good to start on. I normally use mid aggresive razors. Sharp blades are not an issue .

Thanks.
go sharp- feather, Nacet, Kai, Ruby and GSB are the go but that’s true of any razor.

I’ve come to actually like the T a good deal more-
It’s not perfect and honestly it does feel like the slowest Bate n switch with the move away from brass but it fills a gap